for getting closer

I came to school, holding my bag on one shoulder, thinking today was just like any other boring school day. Listening to adults teach us things we don't even use in the real world.

I went to my locker and opened it, taking out the history book for today's history lesson. I sighed and shoved it nonchalantly into my bag.

"Morning Sunghoon.", Jungwon greeted tiredly as he leaned on the locker next to mine. He yawned and stretched as I chuckle softly at the adorable boy beside me.

"Morning. Didn't get enough sleep?", To my surprise, he nodded.

Jungwon always sleeps enough but today he doesn't, he looks bad. I'm almost worried.

"Don't we have History today with-", His eyes suddenly went wide as I looked at him, confused.

"I-In Ye-Yeop..hyung."

"Hwang In Yeop?", I asked out loud as I turned around only to bump a firm chest.

I froze as my cheeks flushed. Oh my god. Oh my god! I just bumped into Hwang In Yeop. I'm going to die!

He looked at me with an amused smile as he crossed his arms.

"Jaeyun was looking for you. He wants you to be at the Physics lab during break.", Eh? Jaeyun?

"He told you to tell me that? Huh.."

"What's so weird bout that? We're literally best friends.", In Yeop said with no emotion at all but there was a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"Whatever. Thanks for telling me. I'm off now. I'll see you at History, Won.", I told him, walking away.

"W-Wait! You ca-can't leave me here!", He stopped me, holding my wrist.

I smirked and ruffled his hair.

"Just be yourself. He'll love you, trust me.", I whispered, winking. Jungwon looked at me with pleading eyes but I just ignored it.

"You j-jerk!", Jungwon shouted out making the students in the hallway look at him.

Sorry Won, I'm doing you a favour.

Jungwon's POV

That jerk. That stupid jerk. How can he leave me here alone with my totally hot and handsome crush?! I gulped as I looked up at In Yeop. He smirked at me, making my cheeks flush.

"Well, aren't you a cute one? Why didn't I notice you earlier?"

Cute?! My crush called me cute! This is good, right?

"What's your name, cutie?"

"Huh? Umm, Ju-Jungwon. Yang Jun-Jungwon..", I mumbled, suddenly getting shy in front of him.

"Jungwon? Mmm, is that so?"

"What?", He smiled and shook his head, putting his hand on my head, patting it.

"Nice to meet you, Jungwon. I guess we'll see each other often."

Huh?! What?! Aren't people meeting for the first time supposed to shake hands or something? He's patting my head! Ah, it feels good..

I unconsciously leaned on his hand and found myself purring like a cat. He retracted his hand and looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Woah. Okay. That was.."

Damn it. Why did I purr? Why did I have to be such a single simp-

"Cute as fuck.", Huh.

Huh?!