Chapter 17

Jeff

I wasn't jealous.

It just annoyed me that they're there playing that stupid thing over and over and Kristen hasn't said a single word to me. I grumbled to myself and for a while I felt my chest tighten and anger bubbling in me.

BEN had mentioned to me something big but I couldn't find the way to talk to her when BEN is fucking there being a music teacher. 

Both of her parents are dead. Her dad had severe depression after her mom didn't make it from the hospital after she had complications with her surgery. The old man hung himself in his house a few days ago and the police found his body after a neighbour reported it.

I rested on my back up on a tree and stared up at the sky. It was strange how Slender had human relatives despite him killing humans and not actually being one. I know he has a brother, Offender and I've seen him a couple of times and there was one time where I caught him doing some sketchy shit back then.

I scratched my head and saw Kristen asleep. I too dozed off as we'd be leaving early tomorrow. I pulled my hood over and went to sleep.

xxx

I awoke hearing a crow cry and I pulled my hood down and jumped down the tree. BEN has been throwing stones at a nearby bush. I went over to Kristen and I could see her face scrunch up as sweat trickled down her forehead. 

"I don't know what's wrong with that chick but she has some crazy dreams."

I touched her head and tried to shake her awake. I guess she's having those dreams again. I shook her firmly again this time and she wakes up. 

"We're going so--."

She hugs me tightly and I could feel her breath on my neck. I had no idea what the reason is but she seemed upset. BEN grins and I ignored him as I asked Kristen what was wrong.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"You don't have to anyway."

I helped her up and she looked around. I walked ahead and they followed behind me like scouts. I feel a warm hand snake into mine and I felt it squeeze mine making me look to see Kristen. She hasn't done this before so maybe her nightmare must've really got to her.

After everything she has witnessed and done I don't blame her for having these dreams. I too get them but it doesn't faze me anymore. I held her hand in mine and didn't say a word and kept walking.

"Where are we headed?"

"Wherever this path takes us. I'm sure there's something out there to do."

The heat is killing me and I couldn't help but take my hood off. I had it over my shoulders while BEN hovers beside us alarming Kristen.

"I didn't know...you float?"

"Pshh...I'm a ghost Kristen. I don't sleep or have human needs except having se--"

"BEN will you shut it?" I said earning a giggle from him. 

I sighed and I could hear water nearby and I saw a lake up ahead. Well, I'd take this rather than boil to death. I took off my shirt and BEN floats somewhere else away from the water as he doesn't like it. Kristen still had her top but she removed her pants and sets it aside.

I didn't bother removing my boots and just went in with my pants. I sighed feeling the coolness of the water. I looked and saw Kristen wash her face with the water and tucked her hair behind her ear. She scoops some water in her hands and contemplates whether to drink it or not.