Chapter 3

Shawn's POV

I leave Sahara's house, wishing I had stayed longer. I wasn't lying when I said my mom was texting me, she had called me 4 times and texted me 8. It must be something important.

I walk down the street and walk up the steps to my door. It's unlocked so I twist the handle and open the door, to find my mom, dad, and my 10 year old sister Aaliyah.

They're all sitting down, and by the look on Aaliyah's face, it doesn't look good.

Oh no, did my mom find out about my detention?

She gestures me to sit down, as I do.

"Shawn..." There's a pause before she continues "there's something important that we need to tell you." I turn uncomfortably in my chair as my dad continues. "My boss, John, opened a new building down in L.A. a couple weeks ago, he asked me to work there. I'll be paid way more, and it's a great opportunity." He sighs. "Next week..." Suddenly my mom cuts him off. "Shawn, were moving." My jaw drops, and I can't believe what I'm even hearing right now. I try to say something but nothing will come out.

"But.....I....what?!" I manage to get out.

"Shawn, we don't really have a choice, but look at it in a good way, a new big house, new city, new people. It will be great there. No more cold weather!" She says, trying to make it sound better.

Well it doesn't, I actually like the cold weather, but that's besides the point. I run my hand through my hair, finally realizing the biggest problem ever. Sahara.

"Sh.it!"

"Excuse me?" My mother says, all of them looking at me surprised. Oh crap, I didn't mean to say that out loud.

I hurry, and stand up, walking out the front door. I run into my backyard, and then into the woods that line it. It's really dark, but I know the way through. I walk down my self-made path and to the little bench aka a big tree slab, and sit down. I put my elbows on my knees, and my head in my hands. What am I gonna do? I have to leave my home, my friends, my family, my school, and Sahara. I really liked her, a lot.

Another thought popped into my head. How will I tell Sahara?

I sigh, picking up a rock and flinging it at a tree. What will Sahara do? Will she be sad? She said I'm just a friend....she probably won't be that sad.

I decide to stop asking pointless questions, and to just call her. I pull out my phone, my finger hovering over Sahara's name. I hesitate, but finally press it, holding it up to my ear. After 2 rings she answers.

"Hello?" Sahara answers

"Uh...hi Sahara" I say a little nervous.

"Shawn? Are you okay?" She asks concerned.

"Uh, yeah I just...I just needed to tell you that I..." I trail off.

"You what? Shawn just spit it out already!"

"I....I can't walk to school with you tomorrow...or ever, bye!" I hurry and say right before I hang up, throwing my phone down in the grass.

Sahara's POV

What?

What just happened there? He can't walk with me to school....ever? At least I think he said ever. The last part was awfully fast. I have no idea what was going on, but I was to tired to call him back, I will just ask him tomorrow at school.