Chapter 9

*Saharas POV*

"You want vanilla right?" Alicia said asking me what ice cream flavor I wanted.

"Yeah" I say and she walks off leaving me at our table alone.

I sat there bored watching the cars drive by. That's when Shawn pops up in my head again. I haven't seen Shawn in about 2 months now. He hasn't called or texted me either and life just hasn't been the same.

New neighbors moved into his house already and it's a family of a mom, dad, and two little girls. It makes me sad not seeing Shawns family walk in and out of the house anymore. I miss Aaliyah a lot too. I think about calling Shawn every now and then but I always end up deciding against it.

"Here you go" Alicia says holding my ice cream cone in front of my face.

"Thanks" I say grabbing it from her.

"What were you so deep in thought of" she asks sitting in the chair across from me.

"Nothing"

*Shawns POV*

Today is my first magcon show and I was both excited and scared. We were back stage and my hands were shaking.

I was told that I was going to sing.

I know, I know it seems dumb that I'm scared since I've been uploading all these vines and YouTube videos but I've actually never sang on stage instead of those stupid elementary school recitals.

I was suddenly told it was time to go on stage.

"HEY GUYS!" Nash yelled.

All you could hear is screaming, and lots of it.

After a some games and bringing a few fans up on stage, it was time for me to sing.

"Hey guys my name is Shawn Mendes I'm sorta new here some of you might know me and some might not." And again... Lots and lots of screaming.

"Well today I'm going to sing to you. This is Life Of The Party, an original I've been working on."

Then I started singing.

"I love it when you just don't care I love it when you dance like there's nobody there so when it gets hard don't be afraid. We don't care what them people say."

It got quiet, all I can see is phones recording me. I'm hoping I'm doing well.

"I love it when you don't take no I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so let them all go home we out late we don't care what them people say..."

I set my guitar down. After singing the whole song, I thought I was going to be deaf because all you could hear was screaming. And that put the biggest smile on my face.

After the whole show was over we were all heading toward the bus. But I heard my name being called so I turned around.

"Shawn! Shawn come here!" Bart yelled

When I got there I didn't even have time to say anything.

"Shawn did you really write that song! It was amazing! Have you written anything else!?" He said out of breath.

"Yes and yes" I answered.

"Really! What other song or songs have you written?"

"Well this one 'Life Of The Party" and another one called 'Show You'" I said

"This is amazing Shawn! If you could write a few more songs we can release an EP!"

And that's when I started to freak out.