Chapter 7

Sahara's POV

I can't help the tears streaming down my face as I walk down the street.

That's it. Shawn is gone and I might not see him, other than video chat, for months. I'm gonna really miss him. What's worse is that he didn't tell me sooner. We could of spent those last days together but he was scared. So there goes Shawn, my best friend. Gone.

He left.

After walking around the street  it ironically started raining, so I ran home. I ran straight to Aspens room and into her arms.

"He's gone Aspen. That's it." I cry.

"It's okay, I understand." She answers.

Then I get mad.

Shawns POV

I looked out the window and waved back to Sahara as I tried my best not to cry. I never even told her I liked her and now it's too late.

Once I cant see her anymore I pull my hood over my head and put my face in my arms. I let the few tears escape while they can.

"Shawn, are you okay" I hear my mom ask.

I just shake my head. The feelings at that moment sucked.

When we get to the airport all I can think about is that sad yet beautiful face Sahara had on when I was driving away.

I miss her smile. I miss being the reason she smiles. Why couldn't I just tell her that I liked her.

Oh I remember. We're just friends.

~A week later~

Shawn's POV

This past week has completely sucked it consisted of me crying, unpacking, and mostly singing.

I was currently sitting in 'my room' singing As Long As You Love Me by the one and only Justin Bieber.

Then Aaliyah comes in with her phone in hand not even bothering to knock.

"Why didn't you knock Aaliyah?!?" I say louder than I expected.

"Well you wouldn't shut up with your singing, and even though I'm kinda upset you because you yelled at me I want you to check out this app. It's called Vine." She says handing me her phone.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Well you make 6 second videos and post them for the world to see some people even get famous cause they're funny." She explained. 

"So you think I'm funny?" I say with a little laughter in my voice. Oh how I miss that feeling.

"No!" She said laughing slightly, "you sing very good so why don't you make 'Vines' of you singing?"

"I don't know..." I say not wanting to.

"Why?!? You really should" she exclaims.

She's really starting annoying me. I'm already really upset about the whole Sahara thing and now this.

"Aaliyah I just don't want to why cant you understand that!?" Having a sibling isn't really the best thing.

"Okay! Okay!" She yells obviously upset because of me yelling at her.

"Please leave" I say quieter.

"Please just think about it please. You being this upset is annoying." She says before leaving.

I really don't know if I want to. I like singing but I don't know if I would sing and post it online. What if they don't like me. What if they hate. I'm already broken I don't think I can handle anymore.

I sit and think about this strumming a few random  rhythms on my guitar. Maybe I should do it.

I stop overthinking things and download the app. I make an account and look up covers and listen to a few. Some of them were actually very good so I clicked on the smiley face liking them.

The more I watched the more comfortable I got. If all these people can do this, so can I.

I continue strumming to the song and I start singing. I record the video and I actually liked how I sounded. Confidence washes over me and I upload it.

I checked the time seeing that it was 12:30AM. I set my phone down on my shelf and go to sleep. Hopefully this works out.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter
:( . We are trying to make them longer. If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks for reading love ya ~Annil