Chapter 1

Sahara's POV
~flash back~

Year: 2003

"Shawn stop my tummy hurts!" I screamed.

Me and my bestie Shawn were at the park. AND HE WON'T STOP PUSHING ME ON THE SWING!

"Fine but...NOW IT'S MY TURN!!" Shawn yelled.

He is happy because today is our 5th birthday! He isn't my brother, but we were born on the same day, which makes us even more of bffs.. I think.

"No Shawn we have to go help our parents decorate!" I exclaimed.

"But.." Shawn started to say.

"NO BUTS" I say trying to sound like my dad.

"Fine." Shawn frowned.

We got to my house and saw that the lights were off. The door was wide open. Me and Shawn walked in.

"MOM!! DAD!!" I screamed. I'm so scared.

I looked over at Shawn he looked a little scared, "awe Shawn here I'll turn on the lights" I said as I turned on the light.

Everyone jumped out, I mean EVERYONE even grandma and grandpa.

~after the party~

"Thank you for all the gifts!!" me and Shawn said at the same time.

"Awe you're welcome dear." Mom said

Everyone slowly starts to leave as I drift off to sleep hugging my new teddy bear.

~end of flash back~
__________________________

Sahara's POV

Year: 2013

"SHAWN COME ON WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!" I screamed

Ever since me and Shawn turned 15 he's been so lazy. We used to always go to the park, that's where you would always find us. When we were very little we used to play there and now (after I drag him) we would just walk and talk and maybe go on the swings. Me and Shawn have been friends for as long as I can remember. I hope it stays that way.

"I'M COMING I'M COMING HOLD ON!!" he screamed from his room.

Me and Shawn always walk to school together, so I always have to wait for him.

"Finally" I say as he walks down the stairs.

"Come on Sahara you're taking long!" he said mimicking me. "We're going to be LATE!!"

I playfully roll my eyes "shut up" I swat his arm.

"Owie" he says pretending he's hurt.

"Awe babe it's okay." I say giggling noticing that right when I said that he blushed, I don't know why, I call almost everyone babe it's just my thing.

"Umm... yea... uh... let's go?" he says speed walking away from me. Confused, I followed him.

~at school~

Shawn and I have one class together and first hour isn't that one class. So we said bye and went separate ways. I go to my tiny locker to get all the stuff I might need. I go to my friend Alicia's locker so we can walk to our class together.

"Hey Sahara" Alicia says as she hugs me.

"Hi" I say hugging back with one arm so I don't drop my books.

"So how's Shawn? You guys dating yet?!?" she asks with a slight smirk.

"Oh my God! stop asking that I told you we are just friends." I say swatting her arm playfully.

"Ugh this is taking longer than I thought." She said it like it was obvious.

"What do you mean, me and shawn are just friends. " I smiled and we began to walk into our first class.

Shawn's POV

"Me and Shawn are just friends" I heard Sahara say. I wasn't eavesdropping I was just walking to my first hour then I heard so I hid and listened...Ok maybe I was eavesdropping. I've had a crush on her ever since the 4th grade that's why I ran away when she called me babe, stupid right. I was just about to give her a note to come to my locker after school (so I can ask her out on a date). I wasn't so confident but now I lost all confidence. She thinks of me as just a friend. I walked into class with a frown on my face.