|twenty-four|

"JAEHYUN! NO!" taeyong feels the scream rip through his lungs

he heard the final ticks, slow and steady. his legs are planted to the cement as if it were thick mud. and then the final tick, and all he feels is heat. skin melting, white hot heat.

and finally he feels his skull crack against the grey cement. it felt like electricity, at the base of his skull, and it burned through every nerve in his body.

taeyong thought it was his neurons firing, the buzzing as they communicate pain throughout his body. the sound was high pitched, it created a frenzy in his head.

a chime rings through his ears of the daycare he knew all too well, and he sees him.

those piercing, golden brown eyes. the slick black hair, so elegantly against his skin. the scarlet blood that flushed on his cheeks. the tight, black suit, so crisp, he could hear it as he walked in.

"jung, jaehyun." the name rolled off his lips.

"hold your wrist, or the kickback of the gun will sprain it." the soft chuckle ruminates through his bones.

"what the hell did you say?" a low hiss spreads through his veins like venom.

"mhm sleep better with you than without you." the hums echos in his throat.

"losing you."

the words are replaced with the high pitch ring, and the frenzy in his brain.

taeyong feels himself breathe deeply, a crackling fire erupting in his chest. he flutters his eyes open, blinded by the bright sun.

is he dead?

the ringing was unbearable, and the pain in his chest was indescribable.

taeyong manages to sit up, the ringing making him so nauseous, all he wishes to do is lay back down.

it's blurry, and blindingly bright.

he reaches to the back of his head, feeling the warm liquid.

blood.

it's hot, he thinks.

why is it so hot?

his vision clears, but the ringing doesn't.