|twenty|

e·piph·a·ny/əˈpifənē/nouna moment of sudden revelation or insight

e·piph·a·ny
/əˈpifənē/
noun
a moment of sudden revelation or insight.

=

two years later

the whiskey tasted bitter against taeyong's tongue, burning his throat with each sip of its toxicity. he has never been a big drinker, everything needing to be mixed with a sugary additive for it to make it past his lips.

but since getting into this business, whiskey, the expensive kind of course, showed just what kind of person you were.

"i already fucking told you i don't traffic people. i transport drugs, period. if there's one goddamn person on there that isn't a willing participant, the deal is off and i will happily take my fifty billion won to someone else that respects my wishes. is that crystal clear or am i going to make someone that's not you a lot richer? taeyong scoffs, leaning back calmly but gripping his glass almost to the breaking point.

"kid, when are you going to learn? kids are where the money is at, don't you want to be the richest and most powerful man in south korea? this business, that's your way to the top." the man laughs comfortably in his sweet, woman sitting on either side of him, cuddling into his chest.

"you're awfully confident for someone who doesn't know who the fuck i am. tell your boss if he ever wants to make deals with me, i better be talking to the one in charge. the deals off, get the hell out of my face." taeyong spits, a nasty glare beaming from his eyes.

"wait! i-i have to make this deal! m-my boss will kill me if i come back empty handed, there won't be a single person, just powder! you have my word." the man begins to beg, his security guards dragging him out of the v.i.p area.

"you should've thought about that before you wanted to trick me into letting you get away with your little side hustle. your boss is going to be thrilled that because of your side job, you ruined his fifty billion won deal. i would kill you myself, but i'm not in the mood to get this suit bloody. take him back to the kwon's and let them take care of their own mess." taeyong laughs, waving the guards to take him away.

taeyong cringes as he sees them drag him away, punching him unconscious. part of him still hates the see the blood seep out of their faces as he sees each punch but the majority of it has been numb out.

time passes slowly in the club, everything moves fast but time is slow. unbearably, slow. all taeyong wants to do is cuddle into his warm sheets in his shared mansion with mina away from all the sin that his life had become.

"blood still gets you everytime, doesn't it?" mina questions, sitting down next to him and laying her head gently on his shoulder.