Chapter 00 "Wish Come True"

Chapter 00: Wish Come True

Shiganshina District, Wall Maria, May 850

Though it was already dusk, the moon could still be seen in the sky.

The sun was rising from the east, its pale glow cast an eerie light on the Earth, yet you could still catch a glimpse of the moon. Though it was not that clear, it still can be seen if you simply look at it longer.

Though the longer Y/N looked at it, the more she noticed how the moon looked quite odd.

It seemed fragmented, as if something had shattered its once perfect surface.

Did something happen? If so, what caused the moon to be looking shattered now?

On a peaceful day, she would continue let those endless questions run through her head. She would stare at the odd-looking moon for an hour, then she'd draw a sketch of it merely by glimpsing out of the window of her room. She'd then clean herself up before heading out of her room for breakfast. Then, during a conversation with her friends, she would bring the topic up and show her sketch of the odd-looking moon to her friends. They'd then discuss it whenever they had the chance, all day long, coming up with theories and speculations. And when night came, they'd bid goodnight to each other before going off to bed, leaving their questions regarding the moon unanswered.

Today was not a peaceful day.

Boulders showered the Scouts once again, as their sound echoed to the bone. Another round of panic sounds from the soldiers and horses went on as the soldiers clung to the horses so they wouldn't run off.

The enemy was cornering them, one of their Titans was lying down on top of the Wall, passed out, and the Commander didn't seem to have a plan that would get the Scouts out of this situation.

If everything turns for the worse, they'll all be greeted by death at the doorstep to the afterlife. That is, if such a saying from the Church were true.

"If you tell me that there's no way left for us to fight back, I'll start preparing for defeat," Levi spoke to Erwin. 

"Eren's sprawled up there, right?" He pointed towards Eren's Titan hanging over the Wall. "You and Y/N go wake him up. You and some of the others get on him and run. That way, we'll at least have a few survivors."

The mentioned girl furrowed her brows at the Captain. Her eyes glanced back and forth between him and the Commander.

She was about to object to what Levi suggested, had a fuss from the recruits didn't interrupt her. One male recruit with black hair scolded another male recruit with red hair regarding a horse that escaped. The red-head proceeded to have an emotional breakdown whilst unconsciously discouraging the other recruits. 

Seeing this, the girl could merely let out a disappointed sigh. 

Levi continued, "The recruits and survivors from Hange's squad can scatter on horses all at once and try to head home. With them acting as bait, you guys and the others on Eren will be able to escape."

"And what are you going to do?" Y/N questioned the Captain, narrowing her eyes at him.

"I'll deal with that beast and lead him away—"

"No," the Commander interrupted. "You can't even get close to him."

"...Probably not." Levi's face was grim. "But, if you guys and Eren make it back alive, there's still hope."

The Captain let out a hoarse sigh. "Isn't that the kind of situation we're in now? This is a major defeat. Honestly, I'm not expecting anyone to make it out alive at this point."