FOURTEEN

Monday, October 6th, 1994.
Word count: 1,291

                                     Simon

                                     Simon

"We are gathered here today to celebrate and mourn the life of someone very important to us all..."

I zoned out, staring forward, letting my hands fall limp in both Ziggy and Kate's hands.

'It'll all be okay' I once said. what an idiot. Nothing is ever okay in Shadyside. I'm at a damn funeral. Again. I've been to so many funerals in my life, I keep all of my black clothing stored separately just for this occasion.

'Did you know that if you put penis and vagina together that not only do you get a baby, but you also get pegina. Sounds like a female penguin. ' -Theadora Slater, Valentine's day, 1994.

My eyes were puffy and red, making me think back to when I first woke up and saw Thea crying in her sleep.

'If a guy kisses you after you give him head, he's kissing the kid's goodbye ' -Theadora Slater, March 18th, 1993. (After her first date with her first boyfriend.)

I shook my head at the thought and chuckled. She was always so random.

'It's okay. He was really short anyways; pretty sure he had a tiny penis. Shit sorry Ziggy, peepee. Shit. Shit sorry I said shit again. Fuck! I'm just gonna stop talking. ' -Theadora Slater, April 3rd, 1993. (After getting dumped, after her boyfriend realized she was in love with Simon. Then Ziggy getting onto her for swearing.)

"Simon, come on. "Ziggy said, the service was now over and we could finally leave.

I went to walk out the door and Ziggy stopped me, giving me a questioning look. "You don't want to see her body? "She asked, I shook my head and walked towards the car, waiting in it for them to come.

I laid my head on the wheel and started crying. "FUCK! "I yelled, slamming my fist against the wheel. The horn going off repeatedly, earning weird looks from the people passing by.

Ziggy slammed the door open and pulled me into her chest. "It's gonna be okay. We'll all be okay. "She whispered, her voice scratchy and uneven.

I shook my head, "No. no. nothing will ever be okay. Not now. "I whimpered, she pulled me out of the car, and told Deena to drive.

We sat in the back with Kate, who was crying as well.

~

We walked into her room, all of it the way we left it last time we were here.

"Did you really think I would leave y'all? "She croaked out, making all of us run towards her. I started crying into her chest, making her gasp in pain. "I'm so sorry Thea. All of this, all of it was my fault and I-""Deena no, it wasn't. it was Will Goode's and Solomon Goode's. not yours. "Thea said, cutting her off as she rubbed my hair.