Chapter 29: Rebuilding All Thats Been Lost

"After the sudden monster attack, the citizens of Mustafu have been still trying to recover from all the property damage as well as casualties. The numbers continued to rise up during the search and rescue attempts. Updates will be reported once the information is received."

Moments after the Monster Attack in Mustafu ended...

We last left off with the vigilantes where were caught in the mess of the monster outbreak. Located in a warehouse near by, Hajime, Yang, and Kaori are talking about the chaos...

(Hajime's POV)

"Kaori. Yang."
"I know what you are going say, Hajime... and I'm pissed about it too."
"Was this some kind of set up by the f**king doctor?! Was he trying get us all killed or something?!"
"Kaori calm down."
"Calm down? Calm down?! Yang we could have been f**king killed out there if we had injected those monsters with the quirk enhancing drug or whatever the hell that shit was!"

The three of us were in a safe house as we were talking about the craziness that erupted. Yang, despite being angry about this situation, was the calmest one in the group as he was just smoking his cigarette.
"Kaori... I know you are upset, but lashing out here isn't going to do shit for you. All three of us aren't happy with this stunt the Doc pulled. Killing a group of men who didn't even realize what they signed up for. It's tragic." With a sigh, Yang was unable to let go of the screams he heard over the walkie talkies.
"I swear I'm going to kill that bastard! I can't believe that greedy old piece of shit was trying to play us like his lab rats for his stupid experiments!"

Suddenly, I snapped. Slamming my fist to the wall, letting out sparks of lightning sporadically.
"God f**king damn it Kaori! Quit whining like a damn b**ch will you?!"
Kaori flinched as he was ready to snap back, but hesitated.
As I let out a sigh, I tried to collect myself.
"Look... there's only one thing we can do. We need to leave this area as soon as possible. The Doc probably thinks we were killed in this attack, giving us some breathing room to leave. However, we need to stay out of the sight of cameras in case he is watching. With the free time we have, we can come up with a plan on how to get back at that bastard."

Yang chuckled.
"Whatever the plan is, I'm already in. However, we are going to need to be careful because there's no denying that he is heavily guarded, as well as Mr. All for One. So there's a lot to be aware of if we plan to take on the Doc."
Kaori didn't say anything, but nodded in agreement.

"Well I guess it's best we try to find some more people to join us too because I know just the three of us won't be enough. Plus, we need to still get some money on the side... because just sitting around here, we aren't earning anything."
As the other two smiled and agreed.
"So it's settled. Lets get out of here and make our way up north. As long as we stay out of sight of the cameras, we will be clear of the Doc's line of sight."

As we exited the abandoned building, we go into a black suv and drove away. With Yang on the wheel, I had some time to think for a bit as we drove past the destruction that was left behind after all the chaos. It was dreadful to see how much damage those monsters made as well as the casualties of people who were both injured and killed. Even some pro heroes weren't so lucky. All this left a bitter taste in my mouth as I can hear the voices of those men screaming after getting mauled to death. However, those were the Doctor's men... not mine. I can careless about them but I know now that working with a shady scumbag like him means you're basically sacrificing yourself for his own cause.

"Hey Hajime."
"Yeah Kaori?"
"Why are we heading up north?"
I forgot that Kaori was still new to the team, despite joining us at a young age. Though I haven't taken him to our original hideout in Japan.