Chapter 5 | Gaaamuuu!

~~~ 14/05 ~~~Raining ~~~

[Evening]

Yuya's days have been pretty normal, he scored quite high in the exams in the first few weeks of May and now was essentially free to do whatever he wanted. Or so he'd like to say, a few days after Yuya entered the soccer team the girl which had gone missing popped up, and she became great friends with his suspect, Yu Narukami, sending all of his deductions to the garbage bin.

Why would a victim be friendly towards her captor?

Was he threatening her?

Why was she not killed like the first two victims?

With all of these questions in mind, Yuya couldn't exactly continue his deductions. Yuya didn't know what to do. He could go out and investigate, but that could place an unneeded highlight on his actions, at the same time, if he allowed the murders to keep going it would weigh in his conscience, not to mention that there was a possibility that the killer/kidnapper was also a reincarnator possessing special abilities Yuya couldn't begin to guess. 

All he could do was sigh and keep going with his half-baked investigation. He would use his afternoons to play soccer, and his evenings to plan and make theories on the killer on the loose... or so he'd say. May, for some reason, became a month filled with biker gangs out and about.

For some reason they enjoyed driving right next to his house while honking, depriving him of any sleep he could've gotten. 

Yuya prepared himself to sleep when he heard them again.

It was a blaring and irritating sound which penetrated the ears like a roman spear through a leather shield. 

Yuya couldn't take it anymore, he got up from his bed and changed his clothes. 

He wore a red t-shirt with dark green cargo pants, red and white trainers along with a red and white jacket which was placed on his shoulder while being sustained by a silver cord, essentially making the jacket look like a cape with sleeves. 

He went out of his comfortable and warm house to the colder outside and then headed towards the several bikes nearby. 

There were several people there, much more than what he thought he'd have to deal with. In all honesty, he thought there would be around five or six bikers, he was surprised to see there were over twenty people riding bikes in the neighborhood. The bikers stopped their loud motors and the honking and then turned their lights towards Yuya.

"What d'ya want?" asked the biker near the front. He was a tall man with a leather jacket, spiky helmet, and goggles.

"Could you guys stop? There are people around here wanting to sleep," answered Yuya. His stance was firm and grounded while his gaze was sharp and calculative. The aim was to not get intimidated by their dollar store spikes, something which wasn't particularly hard for Yuya. 

"Oh?" The man said, making a small beak with his mouth and mockingly rubbing under his eyes with his knuckles, "Does the baby need his beauty sleep?" asked the man, laughing afterward, "Well? Are you going to cry? Are you going to tell your mommy?" he asked with a mocking tone. 

Yuya grinned and shook his head, "You guys sure know how to talk the talk," said Yuya, putting his hand inside one of the many pockets in his cargo pants.

"What are you looking for?" asked the biker, taking a step back and taking out a small flip knife from his pocket. Yuya grinned and stopped searching his pockets.