Ch.8 | Opposites Attract.

~~~ 16/05 ~~~Cloudy~~~

[Evening]

Yuya walked through the dark streets of Inaba. He enjoyed the game he had with the young detective that had arrived to investigate the mysterious disappearances and deaths happening. Yuya himself found them all to be too strange. Yuya stopped in the middle of the north shopping district, he felt his chest tighten. He grabbed his shirt with his hand and quickly ran to the nearest alleyway, there weren't many in Inaba, and they weren't really alleys, more like spaces between shops or houses. His breath became raspy, tired, and more frequent. 

He felt his vision darken on its corners and a strange impulse take over him. He placed his left hand on his head while the other gripped his chest. His body leaned forward and his head hit the shop. 

"Stop it!" he whispered aggressively, leaning back and letting it rest against the cold bricks. He pushed himself off the store and hit his head against the brick wall again. The impulse died down and the dark surrounding his eyes slowly pulled back to the back of his head. Like it had enough for now. He knew it would be back in the future. 

As the darkness in the corners of his vision disappeared, he felt something shake him over and over. Yuya looked at the cause and saw Kanji, wide-eyed, crouching as he grabbed Yuya's shoulders. 

"Hey! Are you ok -- damn, you have strong shoulders..." Kanji shook his head and shook Yuya again, "You alright?"

Yuya took a deep breath, whatever tightness ate away at his chest was gone. He felt his chest lighten like a load had been taken off it. Kenji offered a hand and Yuya took it, using it to help himself get up. 

"Thanks, Tatsumi." Yuya looked at his grey eyes, they looked concerned. "You want to get some noodles? Since you helped me out, I'll invite you." Kanji flinched, cleared his throat, and scratched the back of his head.

"Uh -- sure, just let me tell my mom. I'll be right back!" He left the alley and turned right. Yuya followed closely behind. Apparently, the bricked house Yuya was banging his head against was owned by Kanji's mother. Yuya took a step inside and lowered his head, apologizing for the noise.

"Oh! You seem like a nice kid. It is very nice to meet you Fudo-kun." she gave her court bow. "Be nice to Kanji!" Yuya chuckled nervously while scratching the back of his head.

Aiya's was very close to Kanji's place, so Yuya opted to go there, also, their ramen was extremely good. They both sat down and ordered their food. Yuya's stomach growled, and he started to eat like a maniac. He ate anything and everything he could, golfing it down. Every time he had a breakdown as he had just had, he would feel unnaturally hungry afterward. 

"Another order please!" Aiya's dad nodded, making more noodles while Yuya waited. He turned his head and looked at Kanji who had his eyes wide. 

"... Geez senpai, did you not eat lunch?" Kanji had only begun his plate. He grabbed his chopsticks and ate slowly. Yuya hummed with a grin, they were like complete opposites, Kanji seemed more mature, and his way of eating was refined and polite. 

"Sorry, I just feel super hungry all of the sudden," Aiya's dad placed a plate of food in front of Yuya, he grabbed the bowl and started eating what was inside it, while eating the bowl, he asked for more food to be brought his way. Kanji looked worried and surprised, his eyebrows were knit  and his eyes wide, "Don't worry, I'll pay the bill, just enjoy your food."