Sizzy- Aliens

(Time of story: City of Bones)

Simon glares at Isabelle. Clary and Jace come in and Clary frowns.

"What's going on?" Clary inquires. She sits on the stool next to the couch they were sitting on, not talking and not looking at each other. 

"Isabelle says aliens aren't real," Simon mumbles angrily. Jace fives the two of them a coolly amused look. Clary swallows. This was a bad idea for them to argue about.

"They're not. Real, I mean. Trust me." Jace grins. "If they were real, I would've met one, juiced it for information, then killed it before it could demand to take me to its master."

Izzy just rolls her eyes.

Simon frowns. "Then you're mistaken. There is an unknown species of extraterrestrial beings out there-"

"Alexander!" Jace calls. Alec comes running, looking slightly rumpled but extremely peeved.

"I was - never mind. What is it?" he says to his parabatai.

"Be a dear and go get me a book on aliens." Alec looks at his sister, puzzled, but he slowly nods. Simon glares at him as he leaves and the vicious stare returns as Alec does. Alec is holding a thick, leather-bound book.

"Here." He thrusts it toward Jace. Jace smiles angelically and takes it.

"Wait," Alec says, "why are you wondering?"

"Mundane here thinks aliens are real." Jace flips through the book. His thin fingers move down the page.

"Ah! Here." He clears his throat dramatically. "'Mundanes often think that there are such things as aliens. Those predictions are not true. "Raziel said that-"

"That doesn't mean anything!" Simon protests, bolting to his feet. "Just because your oh-so-great Angel says something doesn't mean it's tr-"

"Yes it does! The Angel is always right!" Alec yells. "If it's possible for me to hate you more, I have." Clary sighs softly.

"What about all the proof?" Simon snaps. "We 'mundanes' are smart too."

"I OBJECT!" Jace retorts. "Mundanes are incredibly stupid and blind." Izzy cracks a smile. "I also mean that quite literally." Simon sends him a death glare that Jace bravely stands down.

"Mundanes," Isabelle mumbles. "Almost as stubborn as Jace..." Jace and Simon pretend not to hear. 

"Whatever. It's not like they'll ever come," Clary says nervously. Simon sighs. 

"Yeah..." Suddenly he throws a punch at Jace, which he deflects. 

"Simon!" Clary squeaks, scared for her best friend. Simon jerks his wrist away.

"Fine. Let's just keep our opinions to ourselves." Simon glares at the Shadowhunters and grabs Clary by the elbow and leads her away. Clary looks back and gives them an annoyed look. Then, she goes with Simon.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Okay, so that's that. Sorry this wasn't very long (or good), but I just wanted to get something out there. I hope you like this and don't hesitate to inbox me with questions or suggestios baiiiii

Read

Comment

Vote 

-C