C H A P T E R 6: A D O R A T I O N

Chapter Song: Fever - Enhyphen

"Lemon?"

여섯

"The dams in West Quadrant III of the forest have leaks from the storm last night." San mutters, flipping through the file as he paces down the hall, Jongho and Hongjoong by his side. Hongjoong's brows furrowed. "What? The freezing waters shouldn't have caused a breakage in the barrier."

"We got reports of water trails in the outskirts of the west side of the Capital from guards." Jongho comments as his eyes skim through the list San is reading through. The Crown Prince hums, scratching out an item on the page with his pen. "My guess is that the harsh winds were far too great and strong for the branches to uphold and they must have given in and broke. Enough force could have caused some damage, especially with how weak of material the barriers were built with."

Jongho glances at him. "What would you like to do? We can send some engineers to rebuild."

San shakes his head, frowning. "No. It is far too cold right now for building and with all the preparations towards the Ball, we should hold off. The damage is not that great, however we should send a guard to patch it up after the weather warms a bit. A temporary solution until we can properly send engineers up there safely."

Jongho nods and Hongjoong cracks his neck with a pleased groan. "Send them before or after the ball?"

"The astrology scholars predict warmer weather after the ball. It would be best to send them after ins—"

"Crown Prince!"

San turns quickly to glance over his shoulders to see one of the advisors staring at him firmly. Blinking, he offers a nod. "Good morning, advisor Seo Hangyeol."

"May I have a word with you for a moment, Crown Prince?"

San glances down at his list anxiously. "May this wait? I am quite busy today—"

"No. It is a very important matter that I must discuss with you immediately." The elder cuts in sharply.

San freezes in his step, turning carefully to observe the older advisor. The man's face is all twisted and tight like San has personally offended him and his entire family— possibly even his pet dog. He can already tell that this won't be a pleasant conversation.

Sighing, he closes the file and hands it to Jongho. "I shall meet you both once again for today's afternoon meeting. Take a break for the rest of the morning." Hongjoong gives a look for a moment. "As you wish, Prince San."

With hesitancy, the two trail off down the hall.

San turns to the 5th advisor with a small smile. "What can I help you with, advisor Seo?"