C H A P T E R 9: F U L F I L L M E N T

Chapter Song: Diamond - ATEEZ

"I could have never predicted what you have done to me

"I could have never predicted what you have done to me. The desire to have you— to be with you... it burned far too deep into my soul and left it scarred with your mark— etched so far into my being that no attempt to rid myself of it would work."

아홉

A tense silence filled the space of the room heavily— so thick, that one could take a knife and cut through it with ease. The only sound that echoed were the tics and tocks of the grandfather clock that was pressed against the far wall, incredibly loud.

Wooyoung shifted uncomfortably under his father's burning stare, fingers clenched tightly between each other and fiddling in a nervous fidget. San stands gracefully next to him, calm and collected with a small smile stretched across his lips— blissfully unaware of the clear judgment in Alpha Jung's eyes.

"The last time I had even mentioned the Crown Prince's name to you, Wooyoung... you had shouted to the ends of the earth of your full venomous hatred on the very idea of such a union."

San glances at him from the corner of his eye, an eyebrow raised. Wooyoung stubbornly avoids his looks, instead finding interest at the bookcase in the corner of the room. "Well, people do change their good opinions for the better at times father, do keep up."

His father snorts, tapping his fingers across his lips with displeasure. "Ah yes... climbing trees and rubbing bean paste on your leg in futile attempts to prevent your departure... to this. Will there ever come a day when you don't amaze me?"

"Not anytime soon." Wooyoung shrugs and his father rubs his eyes with a loud sigh, tired.

"You climbed a tree?" San whispers to him in amazement, and Wooyoung elbows his side with a scowl.

"What do you expect of me, then? To give my approval?" His father intervenes the bickering pair and they instantly turn back to him, alert with alarm.

"Um... Yes."

"Why would I do that?"

Wooyoung throws his arms up in outrage. "Oh father, will you stop this nonsense! You enjoy torturing me far too greatly, wouldn't you agree!?"

"While that is quite true on any regular day, that is far from the reason behind this hesitancy." His father states, dry.

"Moon do tell then, the excuse for such stubbornness!?" Wooyoung snaps.

"Wooyoung..." San murmurs gently, calming him as he glances curiously at the Pack Alpha. "Alpha Jihoon, sir, I understand that this must be quite sudden—"

"Forgive me, Prince San, however I do not know how you expect me to accept such a union when it has now come to my realization that you were the reason my son had spent the past two weeks a complete hollow shell of himself, barely speaking or eating... I do not know what had happened back in the palace, but I cannot in good conscience put him back into such destruction, regardless of who you are." Alpha Jihoon snaps, anger clear in his eyes.