𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈; 𝟐𝟎 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬 🎀

"I can't believe this is finally happening!" Sally squealed when Alice received her group of friends at the bottom of the stairs outside the White House.

Alice just smiled, remaining perfectly poised and professional. But internally, she was very happy that she was able to give her friends a private tour at last.

Mandy and Frances were trying very hard not to freak out like Sally and Jane, who'd already gone up in a hurry and waited for Alice to lead the way.

Alice chuckled when she saw them waving from the top.

"I feel so hip!" Jane exclaimed as soon as they walked in.

The girls walked in unison along the first floor, while Alice told them to be careful and not touch anything. That went for Sally who had tried to reach over and touch an old porcelain vessel. She retracted her hand quickly with a guilty grin. Alice felt all of a sudden like she was a mother keeping an eye on her children.

They were impressed by the number of people practically running from one place to the other. Frances imagined it would be a busy place, but it was much more than that. It wasn't chaotic, maybe a little stressful, but so perfectly organized. And to Frances, a control freak, it looked like Heaven.

"Are you sure it's fine that we're here?" Frances asked Alice, worried about being a nuisance.

"Of course. I finally found a good time for you to come." Alice reassured her best friend. "We are always busy, but there are calmer days as well."

As a reporter in the making, Frances was a great observer, taking notice of everything as if she was going to write an article about the experience.

"Ready to meet The Man?" Alice asked the girls when they'd finished seeing all the places that were open to the public.

"Oh, don't disturb him on our account," Mandy said politely.

"Speak for yourself, Mandy, nothing's gonna stop me from meeting that old hunk." Jane covered her mouth as soon as she said that. Mortified that her thoughts had become words. "He's standing right behind me, isn't he?" She joked, although her voice had a slight tremble to it.

"He's not," replied Alice with a grin. She thought it was good fun, but it definitely ate her up inside that she couldn't just blurt out 'watch what you say, that's my man you're talking about, Jane.'

Alice looked at her wristwatch. "He should be in his office right now. Let's go!"

Inside the Office, Jack gladly met Alice's friends.

Jane had shaken his hand for way too long though, as she got lost in some sort of trance with a silly smile. Jack laughed nervously, asking Alice for help with an uncomfortable gaze. But Jane eventually snapped out of it, dizzily backing away to let Frances greet him.

"Frances Dougherty, sir." By far the most mature of them all, she was the one who caught Jack's attention.

"Ah, you must be the Francy I hear about sometimes," Jack said, taking a look at Alice. "I heard you're studying journalism. Will I be answering your questions in press conferences soon?"

Frances also gave Alice a glare. She sure was surprised that Alice had talked to the president about her at all.

"Hopefully." Francy nodded with confidence. She sure seemed like the only one to not be intimidated by the Commander in Chief.

"Don't give me too much of a hard time, alright?" He joked with a friendly grin.

She followed the joke along. "I wouldn't count on it."