Chapter 4

It was gym class.

The class was jogging around the gym.

"Alright! Let's keep those arms pumping! Let's go!" said Coach Webb.

Bethany and Greg then came through the door.

"Bethany! Greg! You're late!" said Coach Webb.

"Sorry!" said Bethany.

Then Coach Webb stopped the jogging part of class and said "Okay! We're gonna practice catching and throwing. So partner up and grab a football! Let's move!"

Instead of participating, Martha was on the bleachers reading one of her books.

"Hey! Martha! Martha, you can't play catch by yourself! Pair up! Let's go" said Coach Webb.

"No. No, I'm g- I'm good." Martha stuttered.

"Okay. You have to participate like everyone else. Or else, what are you even doing here?" said Coach Webb.

"It's a requirement. I think it's pointless. Gym class is not gonna give me a degree in anything and I don't understand the obsession with throwing a ball into a hoop and "oh! Touchdown! Five points!"." said Martha.

"There's a lot wrong with that, but hear me out. It's physical activity which is good for you. With other people, also good for you. And if you try it, you might have fun" said Coach Webb.

"Fun? That's what we're doing here? Fun? This is college. We are supposed to be learning things that actually matter" said Martha.

"Okay, Martha..." Coach Webb began.

"You don't have a lot of time in this life and I personally wouldn't wanna waste it on being... a gym teacher" said Martha.

Coach Webb glared at her.

"That... that came out wrong" said Martha.

"Yeah. It sure did. That's detention" said Coach Webb.

Spencer saw the whole thing.

"That was hardcore" he said to himself.

"Spencer Gilpin!" the university principal called.