Chapter 15: The fight

Zach's Pov

"But we do need to talk about us," Jack says pushing me back a little.

"What do you mean?"

"What are we? Are we partners or just one time?" He says putting his hand on my chest, looking down.

"Of course we are partners... unless you don't want us to be," I say grabbing his hand.

"What no, of course, I want us to be partners," Jack says cupping my face.

"Okay good."

"Oh you should probably change into trunks we are going to the beach remember," Jack says giving me a smile then walking out.

God damn it, he's hot! I got dressed then headed downstairs. Everybody was waiting for me as I got to the door. "Come on we are going to be late for our reservation," Jonah said pushing Corbyn and Jack out. Daniel gave me a look as he walked out the door too. Did I do something wrong?

We get into Corbyn's BMW with Corbyn driving and Jonah in the messenger seat. Jack and I sit next to each other and link feet so no one notices other than Daniel. "So what music?" Corbyn asks before pulling out of the driveway. "Shawn Mendes please," Jonah replies.

"Speaking off music, for the chorus of the song should we do something like, I only say it 'cause I really mean it, I ain't afraid of how you got me feeling, The sky's so clear when you're the view," Daniel suggests.

"Wait that's really good. Write that down." Corbyn says turning a corner.

"How about something like this for the post-chorus Anywhere I go I'm taking you but sing it twice," Jonah suggests.

"I like that, I am going to put that down," Daniel says moving a bit away from me.

Why is Daniel moving away from me? Did I do something wrong? Jack sees me starting to bounce my leg and puts his hand there to stop me. The touch of Jack brought me from the void of thoughts back into the real world. I realized that we were at one of our favorite restaurants so far, BOA steakhouse. Everybody gets out of the car and heads inside, we get a table and sit down. Jack and I sat next to each other and Daniel sit between Corbyn and Jonah. Jack and I were talking about some random stuff after we figured out what we wanted to eat. The rest of the boys were talking about song lyrics.

Daniel's Pov

"Have you guys noticed how close those two have gotten?" Corbyn asked pointing at Jack and Zach.

"Yea like physical too," Jonah replies.

"I mean they do share a room. Like me and Corbyn have gotten close." I say trying to defend them.

"Yea but me and you aren't that touchy." Corbyn snaps back.

"So some people are like that even as friends," I reply.

"Heres your guys' food." The waiter said breaking the tension.

~

As soon as we got to the beach everybody besides Jack ran down to the water. Jack was about to join them but I grabbed his hand pulling him back, "We need to talk." I said. He knew what it was about and pulled me over to the pier.

"What's up?" He said as soon as we got to under the pier.

"I think they are catching on to you guys. At dinner, they kinda realized how touchy you and Zach are and how close you guys have gotten. You guys have to say something soon, I can't keep sticking up for you guys."

"But this is only one time. Me and Zach don't know how the boys would react and telling you was an accident. You weren't supposed to know yet. We wanted to wait and see if it was something the rest of you guys would support or not."

"Even though it was only one time, they're going to notice me sticking  up for you."

"They won't catch on that easily."

"Jack their not stupid or blind. They're already noticing it now when you guys haven't even been together for less than a week."

"I know Daniel. But we aren't ready."

"Well be ready or I am going to tell them myself if you don't by the end of this week."