𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

It is terrifying to know something so cruel about a person who's supposed to care and love you.
Knowing she's hurt and hit without remorse. 
What do I do then?
When I see her in a different light? 
I can't help but alienate myself...
Each touch, makes me tense.
Each word, a different meaning. 
Each action, a different cause. 
She turns into a complete different person right before my fragile eyes.
And I find myself feeling violated,
The trust, 
The love, 
The smiles, 
The laughs, 
Now... all questioned.
And I'm left with the ruins of a broken home, 
The chaos of anger and fear battling inside of me, 
And a painful scream into the deafened night.

- Alexandra Archer "Invisible Night"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓

White. 

The ceiling was white. 

The dark cracks running through it contrasting against the brightness of the color compared to the gloom hanging around the room. 

I continued to stare, counting the fissures, slowly drowning out the pain of my wounds and basking in the peculiar peacefulness of this moment. 

I was snapped out of my trance by the soft creak of my door and the soft footsteps that I would recognize anywhere. 

My mouth unintentionally formed into a smile as I watched Finley try to sneak into my room.

"And what are you doing out of bed, missy?" I let out a chuckle as her startled eyes locked onto mine. 

My demeanor shifted instantly when I noticed her glassy eyes. I sat up, ignoring the burn of my bruises, my whole attention and concern on my little sister who always wore a stunning smile on her young face.

I opened my arms wide for her and she immediately rushed into them. 

Sniffing under her breath, she hugged me tightly, and I returned the gesture with one hand, the other smoothing out her hair, hoping it would make her feel somehow a little bit better. 

Rocking us from side to side softly, I murmured in her ear, "It's alright. It's gonna be okay, Fin. I've got you. I've got you, don't worry," I finished in a whisper, "I'm not letting go." 

She broke out in a sob, breaking my heart in the process as she trembled in my hold. 

"Hey, hey, let it all out. Cry sunshine, I'll hold you. I'll hold you till the water tears us apart."