Chapter 3

I placed my head on Noah's chest and counted the number of times his heartbeat, and each time he took a deep breath—it was oddly soothing. I knew what Noah was involved in, yet I felt safe in his hands. I knew he wouldn't let anything happen to me, but why?

    My thoughts came to a halt as the car stopped moving. I heard the car doors open, and I jolted up to allow Noah to get out of the car. When I looked back, I could see Noah chuckling as he opened the car door. I looked at him, confused as to why he was laughing, that's when he picked me up and placed me next to him on the floor.

    He grabbed my hand and started walking, the others in front of us. I looked up at Noah, and I realized how tall he actually was; he must be at least six feet tall. I look like a child next to him; I barely came up to his chest. Every thought I had melted as I locked eyes with his mesmerizing hazel eyes. I'm trying to keep control of my body, but my cheeks failed me tremendously as now they were a bright crimson color.

    I couldn't help but grab his arm with my free hand as I felt my legs begin to fail me as well; it felt like they were turning into jelly. I looked back up at Noah to see if he was uncomfortable, but he didn't seem to mind.

    We walked into the restaurant; it was really fancy. I was in shock. The aroma was jaw-dropping. I immediately felt more hungry than usual. We immediately were lead to the back of the restaurant in the VIP area. I think the waiters knew who Noah and his brothers were. I didn't question the special treatment we received as I knew that they most likely have some type of connection to this restaurant. We were seated at a long table with two couch-like chairs and a few chairs near the ends of the table. The couches were placed adjacent to each other. On one end, it was Liam, Luca, Kathrine, and Alexander. And on the other, it was Jace, Caleb, Noah, and then myself, me closest to the exit. Alexander's arm was around Kathrine's shoulder while Caleb was talking to Liam about some car. Jace was on his phone as no one wanted to deal with him.

    We were quickly approached by two waiters with a menu, which was odd. I can't help but think, Why would they only bring one menu when we are eight people? Do they already know what to get? This is going to be stressful; I haven't ordered anything in years. I'm internally screaming by the time the waiter asks,

    "Would you like the menu, Miss?" the waiter asked as he saw me.

    I'm guessing the guys must come here a lot if they don't use a menu. I was so embarrassed and flustered; I didn't know what to say, so instead, I stayed quiet.

    "I'll take the menu, thank you, Dominic," Noah spoke with a weirdly calm tone that put shivers down my spine. I guess he understands where my hesitation comes from. Nevertheless, he placed the menu in front of me. He began to open up the menu and showing me his favorites. "This is the best pasta they make. It's their special Parma, its tagliatelle pasta cooked with creamy pesto sauce and grilled chicken, basil leaves, olive oil, dried cherry tomato, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts. There's also Amortie, it's also a nice choice," he looks back at me, clearly confused, "Basically it's a mini rigatoni pasta cooked with creamy truffle sauce, topped with fresh shaved black truffle sauce and parmesan cheese. You can also customize the pasta shape, perks of being in the VIP lounge. So which one would you like?"

    "I honestly don't know. They all sound delicious. Could you choose for me?" I asked as I looked away from the menu, giving up.

    "How about I get us two different types, and we can share?" he asked as he waited for my response.

    Everyone was completely shocked as he never shared his food. In fact, he made it clear to everyone, including his family, that he would kill them if they touch it. Noah didn't mind making food for everyone, but his food was his, and no one could take a bite.