Chapter III: The Camps

The red sun rose early the morning that Team F dreaded. The sun was hazy, smoke from the nearby war layering the sky. Ronnie spent the whole night at her desk, praying for her and her team to be safe in the raging war they were about to go into. She told herself she was ready, and as long as she did her best there would be nothing to worry about, but she also knew not everything would be sunshine and rainbows going into a deadly war. Especially with the fact that she wasn't trained for war. All she knew was one thing going into this war: don't die, and don't let your team die.
     They were to go to Shippendale's camp early in the morning to get prepared. Everyone was unusually quiet, but Ronnie didn't blame them. She was also too afraid to speak, there was too much on her mind. They were introduced to their team's tent. Is was big enough for all of them, they each had a cot. Ronnie set her bag down on one of the cots and looked over to the rest of her team.
     "You guys can eat breakfast, and then we'll get ready to go into the battlefield," Augustine told them, his voice low. Ronnie sighed, nodding. Augustine led them to a few picnic tables. Some people were sitting in them eating breakfast. They sat down at an empty table and Augustine left to go get the food.
     Though quiet, Boris had a lot on his mind. He wasn't hungry, and he didn't feel like eating. He had a pounding headache, which was only getting worse. He stood up from the table and looked over to Ronnie.
     "I'm gonna go take a walk, I'm not hungry," Boris told her.
     "Be safe, please," she replied. Boris nodded and walked away from the table. He walked into the nearby forest. He knew on the other side of the forest was the battlefield, and he didn't want to run into that. He knew he'd probably not make it out of the battle, at least in one piece. He was quick and agile, but we wasn't as strong as he'd like to be. He also couldn't help but wonder how Boo would do in the battle. He was weaker than Boris, not to mention his mental state. Boris imagined him getting injured the first ten minutes in battle, judging by the way Boo's mind worked. He'd want to charge right after them instead of creating a plan first. Boris knew the battle wouldn't end up being good for Boo. All of a sudden, Boris felt his foot get caught on something. He fell to the ground before noticing there was a rope tightly tied around his ankle. He panicked, trying to untie the rope. All of a sudden, he was knocked to the ground by a swift hit in the forehead with the handle of a sword. He looked up and saw a boy standing over him. The boy had wide eyes and a headband with bunny ears attached to it on his head. Then, the boy spoke in a language Boris didn't recognize.
     "Ми отримали один," said the boy. Boris frantically thought of something to do. All of a sudden, a man walked over and held Boris' head against the ground.
     "Ваша пастка спрацювала, гарна робота," said the man in the same language. Boris noticed something in their language. He recognized it, it almost sounded like his own, but he knew it wasn't.
     "What do you want," Boris growled. They both looked down and stared at him.
     "You have a Russian accent," said the man.
     "Are you from Russia," asked the boy.
     "Yes," replied Boris.
     "What's your name," asked the man.
     "Boris Oblonsky," replied Boris, his voice trembling.
     "I see. My name is Anna, me and my little brother are from Ukraine," said the man.
     "My name's Rabbit," the boy informed.
     "Which side are you guys on," asked Boris.
     "EC's. I'm guessing you're with Shippendale," said Rabbit.
     "No.. I'm with EC as well," lied Boris. Anna slowly released Boris' head and Rabbit untied the rope on his ankle.
     "Oh, sorry about this then," Rabbit uttered. Boris stood up, looking at them with wide eyes. Anna slowly squinted his eyes, pointing to a spot on Boris' shirt.
     "If you're with EC, then why do you have the Shippendale symbol on your clothing," asked Anna. Boris widened his eyes even more and drew in his breath. Suddenly, Anna tried to grab Boris' arm, but Boris took off running in the other direction. 
     "Go get him!" He heard Anna shout. As soon as Boris thought he was well ahead of them, he heard swift footsteps behind him. He looked over his shoulder to see Rabbit quickly gaining on him. Boris tried to run faster, but he was already going as fast as his legs could carry him, and still Rabbit was close behind him and getting closer by the second. Boris looked back ahead, seeing he was about to run straight into a tree. He took a sharp turn, letting Rabbit run into the tree behind him. Finally, he was reaching the end of the forest where he would meet his camp. He couldn't hear or see Rabbit or Anna behind him, he had won this battle. And then, a tree branch whipped through the air, striking Boris in the face. He fell over on his back, his nose in agonizing pain and blood leaking from his nostrils.
     "Woo-hoo! One point for the Farion siblings," called a high feminine voice. Soon, Rabbit and Anna caught up and bent down beside Boris.
     "Good job, Vira," Anna praised. Boris sensed someone land next to his head from the trees above.
     "What a filthy liar you are, Boris Oblonsky," scowled Rabbit. "You had us fooled, but not for long."
     The world started to spin for Boris and he could feel his body tingle. The doors started to close until there was nothing left but complete darkness. The three siblings, Anna, Vira, and Rabbit Farion, took Boris back to EC's camp.