Part 10

C- Bryan narrowed his eyes defensively, standing visibly more on guard as the creature showed itself. What Vlad had said before about the bloodsucker came to mind, and the comment of a pulse made him get a bad idea of what exactly this thing was.

"Hey, I don't think we invited ya to the party, pal. And this rabbit will claw your eyes out if you give him a reason, so it ain't wise to underestimate me."

Z- The creature doesn't seem phased by the threat, simply sitting and wrapping a long, furred tail around himself, like an overgrown cat "Cute. But I'm not here for the equivalent of a single chip. I heard you needed to get out of here, correct? We have a shared interest, contrary to an undead lizard who has plenty of his own company."

C- Bryan narrowed his eyes skeptically, additionally irritated by being called "cute".

"You just have ears everywhere, or something? Why should we trust ya?"

Z- "No, just ears like a bat." He responds, bluntly. "Also, for something that needs to subsist on living human blood, this doesn't seem to be a good place to find it, does it?"

C- Bryan raised a brow, still not entirely sold. "Ah, so Fluffy is Dracula. Nice. And I'm hoping that need for blood doesn't include rabbits, then? 'Cause I ain't even got much, so I wouldn't try it."

He studied the bat for a second, finally seating himself on the ground in a seemingly relaxed manner, though his eyes still remained alert. "If you say we've got a common interest, do ya have any current theories in how to get out?"

Z- The vamp seems obviously displeased with the fluffy comment, responding with a hiss. "Von Richthofen. As for escaping, one must steal a barometer from a machine known to hop dimensions. Air pressure apparently has a connection to it, according to those capable of it. Get the barometer, track the right pressure, fly out of here. Easy, once we have our hands on the necessary equipment."

C- "Von Beethoven, right. I'm Bryan. Ain't ever heard of that sorta stuff, though. Where exactly can we get one? And how do I know ya won't leave us in the dust as soon as ya get this thing?" Bryan didn't seem too cautious about his behavior around the vampire, even with the expression any sane person might normally find threatening.

Z- "Barometers are common place on ships, and altimeter use the same concept. According to... well; that's irrelevant at this point, they can be used as a sort of control point, if it had been in something modified to hop dimensions.... like the Eldridge, or a Dralquid craft. Could probably buy our passage from one of Them, but we don't have much to bargain." Richthofen states. "I'm not a scientist, I'm just a pilot. Can't give you all the ins and outs. As for the trust issue, I can't alleviate your concerns aside from swearing on my name and status, or shake on it." He finishes, bluntly.

C- Bryan blinked for a minute, absorbing the information, or at least trying to. "I'm going to pretend I know what all that means. You can handle all that complicated stuff, I can help ya get what we need."

He scoffed to himself at the offer of the deal, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, no liar has ever sworn on their name before. Well, ain't like I got much of a choice though."He sighed, getting to his feet and held out his paw to shake on it.

Z- Richthofen doesn't immediately shake on it, instead returning to a human form, which would might be a bit familiar to Bryan, with his Imperial German calvary uniform, old fashioned leather jacket and scarf, he would look like he stepped out of a documentary about aviation in the Great War. He then takes the rabbit's paw, shaking it.