Chapter 9 - Cloud 9

"Then I can keep you all to myself."

The words Levi had said to her were still spinning around in her head while she was laying down on her bed. She was hugging her cat pillow, but because of the excitement Levi's words brought her, she was more like squeezing the life out of it. There was just something about him, something she didn't understand, that made her head spin, knees weak and stomach full of butterflies around him. Since when had she started to feel like this? Since the first kiss? Before that? After that? She didn't know but now she was sure that something inside her had been awoken towards the cold teacher of hers.

The date had been nice although after the statement Levi had said there was this aura of awkwardness following them. Or her. She wasn't sure how Levi had felt since his face had stayed emotionless as ever. But nonetheless it had been nice. They were in fact able to talk normally after a while and share stories about their life outside of school. (f/n) had gotten to know about Levi's crazy uncle, his hiking trip that summer and how he hates mosquitoes. She had told him about her strict dad and workaholic mom, her favorite show on Netflix and what she planned to do after her senior year. Yeah, it was a nice first date. But still her thoughts were pulled back to that one moment, and to those certain words that he had said to her...

***

"Then I can keep you all to myself."

There was a silence after that. She didn't know what to answer to that bold statement. A slight blush spread on her face.

"Don't try to mess with my head, it's not working," (f/n) muttered after a while that had felt like the eternity itself. Levi watched her intrigued and leaned closer propping his face on his palm.

"Are you sure about that? That blush on your face tells me something else." He said teasingly and made her blush go few shades darker. "Shit, he was able to see that. Calm down, calm down, don't lose to him, say something..." (f/n) repeated the same mantra in her head and tried to calm down her hot cheeks.

"Are you even sure I would want to be yours? Pfft, don't think too highly of yourself, Mr. Teacher." She cooled her head down and tried to force sarcastic tone in her voice. She didn't want to hesitate or let Levi think that he dominated this conversation. No, she would let him know that she was not going to get flustered and all because of his comment. No, she wouldn't let Levi get amused by teasing her. But against her expectations instead of another teasy comeback, Levi got serious all of a sudden. Now she feared that she had hurt his feelings.

"(f/n)." He said after a while.

"Y-yes?"

"If that's the case then I want to know..."

"Know what?"

"That if we were to speak hypothetically..."

"...Yes?"

"... and I was your classmate or something, I don't know, but not your teacher..."

"Well, that isn't hard to imagine considering your height." She muttered under her breath, but loud enough for Levi to hear it. He gave her a scowl.

"(f/n) take this seriously."

"I am." She looked at him innocently. He sighed and pulled a hand through his dark hair.

"So yeah, anyway, if we spoke hypothetically, would you then..." Levi's voice fainted towards the end of the sentence. He cleared his throat a little and then continued.

"Would you then want to be mine?"

...

"How is everyone doing here today?"