Back In Time - Ginny

(Another chapter is up!!!)

         The sudden surge of intense pain in her head is what woke her up. Brown eyes blinked open. The pain now gone. Moving the mussled red hair from her eyes, she sat up to a place she'd only been for a short while but been there nevertheless. She was in a room at the Leaky Cauldron.

       A chill went down her spine. Confused she looked around. Her mind was in a haze. She could feel mixed memories and thoughts whirling around inside her head. She closed her eyes and held her head in her hands. Slowly she could feel a particular set of thoughts and memories dominating over the other.

     The battle, the deaths, the stay in the flat with her best friends, the theory of time travel, revisiting Hogwarts, Grimmauld Place, the months spent preparing the potion and finally performing the ritual. Memory after memory rushed around inside her head and finally her eyes shot open and her head lifted up.

She was back! Back in time! They'd done it!

     She couldn't stop the wide grin that spread across her face or the tears that ran down her cheeks or the shout of triumph that escaped her mouth.

      She looked around again hastily and realized in a tick that it was 1st September 1993 , the day she was to go back to Hogwarts for her second year. They hadn't known when exactly they would arrive but was glad that it was before school started. That reminded her of Neville and Luna. She desperately hoped that they had made it back too. But that thought was soon replaced by the realisation that her family, alive and well, were right there and she couldn't wait to see them.

      Wiping the tears off her face, she got out of bed, just when the door open and Hermione Granger entered the room.

      It was all Ginny could do to not throw her arms around Hermione. They weren't close friends yet.

"Hey Ginny, I thought I heard you scream but I see that you look completely fine. What's with the grin anyway? "she asked.

"Oh,  I saw a bug here when I woke up. I hate those things, you know. And I'm just happy that I'm going back to Hogwarts." The moment the words left her mouth, she wanted to whack herself around the head.

"Are you sure? I mean, what with last year and all... " Hermione said hesitantly.

"I know, last year was bad but like you told me last night I can't let that ruin the remaining 6 years of my Hogwarts life now, can I?  Everyone's got a dark past. Maybe this will remain mine. " she said truthfully, remembering that they had talked about it the night before returning to Hogwarts in the previous timeline.

"You're right. I'm glad you are looking at it in a positive way and moving on. If you want to speak more about it or anything else, you can always approach me. "

"Thank you, Hermione. And I might take you up on that offer of speaking. You can come to me too if you have something to talk about. "

"Thanks Ginny. Anyway, I think you need to get dressed quickly if we want to reach the station on time." that said with a wave,  she exited the room.

Ginny stood there for a moment. She knew it was the start of her close friendship with Hermione. But before she could dwell on that thought, the door swung open again and Molly Weasley walked in.

"Oh Ginny, you're awake already. I thought I'd hav-" she was cut off by Ginny who threw her arms around her in a tight embrace.

"Ginny dear, what's wrong?" she asked anxiously.

Ginny just held on tight "Nothing mum. I'm just glad I could speak to you before leaving for school. I'm gonna miss you when I go back. Also,  I'm strangely looking forward to go back despite what happened last year" she poured out in rush of words which were muffled because her face was pressed against her mother's chest.
Yet,  her mother heard her.