Hogwarts At Last

"EXPECTO PATRONUM," shouted three voices at the same time.

       Ginny's horse, Neville's eagle and Luna's hare, all stood before their castors awaiting their orders.

"Go to the compartment where Harry, Ron, Hermione and Professor Lupin are. Stay close to Harry and make sure the dementor doesn't go anywhere near him, " Ginny commanded her patronus. It took off right away.

"Follow Ginny's patronus and make sure everyone is safe and the dementor has gone for sure before dissipating, " Neville commanded his. It took off too.

       Luna's remained with them to protect them from the dementor that might come to their compartment. They didn't have to wait long before it did. The presence of the patronus made it stay shorter than expected.

          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

       Harry, Ron and Hermione were anxious and curious about what was happening. They sat quietly with the knowledge that the last occupant of the compartment was awake now and was  rather tensed about the situation which made them realise that something serious was going on.

        Suddenly the temperature dropped and a feeling of dread descended upon them. Proffessor Lupin got up and walked towards the compartment door but before he could reach it, the door was pulled open and there stood one of the most vile thing Harry had ever laid eyes on.  He noticed its decayed hands but couldn't go further with his study of its appearance because he started hearing a distant scream. Before he could focus more on the scream, a bright light distracted him.

         A bright form of a gallant horse had come galloping into their compartment. Its mere presence made the cloaked figure shrink back. The horse was followed by an eagle. The changes it brought to their surroundings were easily distinguishable. The temperature returned back to normal, the feeling of dread lifted.

        The horse seemed to be intend on staying close to Harry. Soon, Harry was looking into the eyes of the horse figure. They held a friendly and almost protective look. As it neared him, he felt an immense feeling of peace and happiness fall upon him. But what surprised him was the feeling of love, he felt coming from it. He had never felt anything like this before. He didn't think much of it as he thought that the others felt it too, all the while wondering as to what exactly the thing was.

    It slowly dissipated. The train began moving again. Ron and Hermione seemed calm from its presence too. Professor Lupin, however had a curious and bewildered expression on his face. Harry was about to speak up when Hermione beat him to it.

"Proffessor, what were those things? "

     Lupin seemed to have been broken out of a stupor. His eyes focused on the three of them before answering.

"The first thing was a dementor. They are guards of Azkaban and was probably on the train to search for Sirius Black. The other thing is what you would call a patronus. It is what you fight a dementor with."

"So, the ministry maintains patronuses too, like they do dementors?" asked Ron.

"No. Dementors can't stand patroni. It is usually conjured. It is also not very easy to conjure one. Not even all older wizards can do it," said Lupin with a thoughtful look.

"You mean to say, someone on the train conjured it?" asked Harry.

"That's the only explanation for the appearance of two fully formed patroni," was the reply.

"Anyway, " continued Lupin, taking out a bar of chocolate from it's pocket amd breaking it into pieces and giving it to the three. "You should have this. Chocolate is a way to recover from Dementor effects. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to go have a word with the driver. "
With that he left the compartment.