Chapter 8

Kris and his friends were already there when I got there in my semi-formal tank top and short skirt. They were all dressed semi-formal, too; obviously also had just had dinner.

We talked, drank and joked for a long while, until one of them, Jackson, started talking about how he didn't know which girl to ask out. The guys all suggested their favorite second choices (their first were already with them, of course), and I rolled my eyes.

"No, no, no, and good god no."

Confused, Jackson looked at me. His words were slightly slurred from all the alcohol.

"What do you know about choosing girls? You in the closet?"

I rolled my eyes, "Half and half," I replied. It was true. I was- and still am- bisexual. Not that many people knew. Hell, Damion didn't even know.

"No," Kris said incredulously.

"Straight up!"

"Mhmm. Sure you're bi. What do you say, then?" Jackson asked.

"See that one over there?"

"The brunette?"

"Her eyes aren't dark, so she's not a brunette. And no. For you, the girl she's talking to."

"She's not tal-" The girl got up to get her and her friend another drink. Still sitting at the table was your typical blonde. From what I could see, she was what he was looking for. Single, easy, and with a sister if he felt it. Yes, they were sisters. The 'brunette''s roots were showing. Jackson didn't say anything for a minute.

"That's what I thought. Now go talk to her before that guy does."

He looked at me for a second. "Can you be my wingman? Or- person or whatever?"

I raised an eyebrow. "I really don't think she'd want to talk to me. Besides, she already knows I'm with the group." I pushed him out of the chair, "Now go."

And within a few minutes, he was paying for their drinks. Funny how it works.

"What are you, a matchmaker?" Kris asked.

I laughed, "It's not that hard to find a girl who's available, pretty and straight."

"True, true," the boys all laughed.

"Mari! Where have you been?" a thick Jamaican accent sounded.

I turned around to see O'Nel in casual attire.

Seeing my confusion, he said, "It's my day off."

I nodded and introduced him to all of the boys, and he ordered a drink.

.~*~.~*~.~*~.

"I'll see you later, then," I called to the boys, who were all preparing to chase after girls. I had decided to go on a little walk; explore the parameters.

It was amazing, especially in the moonlight. Walking barefoot in the grass, I breathed in the salty air, the constant ocean breeze keeping the temperature bearable. I walked past the golf course, coming across the ruins of an old plantation house. Or- a small part of one. It was amazing; only a few stone walls standing, but you could envision what the structure looked like. I climbed broken stairs up one wall outside onto what looked like an old aqueduct; high above the ground with an amazing view. I walked as far as I could go, taking it all in.

It was breathtaking; you could see for on and on, over the ocean and to the city, and to some hills before your pupils would stop receiving light. I stood there for a moment, simply admiring it all.

And that's when it hit me.

I felt myself falling before it was complete blackout.

When I was able to see and think again, I was no longer myself. Literally. I was present in my mind and all 5 senses were present...

Someone else, however, was in control.

I had been possessed.

.~*~.~*~.~*~.

That is my cliff. Are you hanging? Do not despair! More is on the way! >:3

'All the young dudes... Carry the news...' (My chapter-ly song quote... Because I feel that I should share the amazing music...) [All the Young Dudes, as written by David Bowie and performed my Mott the Hoople {and possibly Mick Ronson as a solo artist, as well... I'm not quite sure...}] :3

-V