Chapter 2

I waited in an apartment building in SoHo for Faye to open her door. Standing there, I felt around my black combat boots. Switchblade, check. Wooden stake... Wait... Yeah, check. Good. I was ready for any random havoc. Then, after a minute or two, the door cracks open and I see two purple furry ears, then purple hair with blue highlights, and then her beautiful bluish grey eyes. The short cat neko smiled at me.

"Haiii," her high little voice said. She was my age, but she was still like a little kid. Not like she thinks she's still one, but she's managed to hang onto the energy and enthusiasm. Not to mention she looked so innocent. I consider her the little sister I never had.

"Hey Faye. Long time, no see!"

"I know right?" We hugged. "I missed you, Riza."

I laughed a little bit. Everyone seemed to call me something different. For Faye, it was Riza. We've known each other since we were kids, so she really is kind of like my little sister. But less annoying than they apparently are. She couldn't pronounce Maritza (which is understandable) so they tried to get her to call me Ritza, because I will NOT accept Mary. She couldn't really form the 'T' yet, so she ended up just saying Riza. It stuck.

"I missed you, too, Faye."

We pulled away.

"So you gonna take me to the man's tan hat or not?"

I laughed at that, too. It was a little joke we'd had a while back, talking about how Manhattan was just 3 words smushed together. Man, hat, and tan.

"Yeah. Got your MetroCard?"

"Oh... Just a sec."

She disappeared behind the door, her purple silky neko tail trailing behind her. I heard her say goodbye to her mom and then she came back with her small satchel bag.

"Now I'm ready."

"Well let's go!"

We walked out of the building into the street, catching up with each other. We had kind of lost touch since she moved from Alphabet City to SoHo. Today was now our day to become reacquainted. Ending with seeing 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' before she goes home. We took a subway to Manhattan, and she pulled me into a fancy dress store, with dresses for some fancy school dance or prom. We spent two hours just trying on dresses we liked and taking pictures, posting them to our profiles on the supernormal social network, FangSpace.

Soon enough, it was time for lunch. I talked her into coming to Carnegie Deli with me, where we shared a Carnegie Burger. Together, we ate about 3/4 of it, at most. It was SOOOOOOO GOOD. We then had some of the famous Carnegie Deli cheesecake, paid, and then left.

We walked to Central Park and walk around there, catching up. I gave her all the details of my relationship with the boy who decided he was gay after one of our kisses, about the lesbian girl who was willing to do just about anything to get me, and the guy who cheated on me with three other girls all at once. She told me about a few jerks she dated, a few jerks her mom dated, and then a super sweet werewolf she met. I laughed at that.

"You? With a werewolf?"

She blushed, bright red.

"Yeahhhhh..." She giggled.

"Do I know him?"

"His name is Adam. He lives in NoHo..."

"Real close by, huh? Nice. I don't know him..."

"I didn't think so."

She raved about him some more as we walked through the park. The way she was talking about him, he sounded like a fucking god. I was happy for her. Then she giggled again, off usual cue. I looked where she was looking, and a guy was looking at me. I didn't get a glimpse of his face; he turned away before I could, and walked away quickly. He was probably embarrassed...