- Chapter 1

NEW STORY!! :DD

Comment and vote, please. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

I used to have a perfect family. My parents were happy and content and it seemed  it would be like that forever. They became a couple in their senior year, so they spent over the half of their lives together... true love kept them close during all those past years. I was their only child so I could get pretty much everything I wanted. My parents worked really hard but I've never felt lonely.

Image of perfect family broke into pieces the day my Dad got into the car accident on a rainy November day. He was badly injured so he went into coma for 3 long months. My Mom was broken, she didn't eat or sleep for a very long time ... that crushed her completely. 

During that time we tried to live normal, but that just wasn't possible. We spent most of the time in hospital, next to his bed, crying and praying. After several long, exhausting months, my Dad passed away. The pain I felt was unbearable. I closed myself completely, not wanting to speak to anyone, except to my Mom. His death sucked all joy from my soul.

But people say that with time pain fades a little. I didn't believe my grief could ever go away.  But as time was passing, I learned how to live with it. I started living again, of course not like before that event, but slowly everything was going back to normal . My life was rebuilt again but sorrow was my constant friend.

                                                                        * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Ashley, come to the kitchen!"- I heard my Mom's smooth voice. Like me, she was learning to live without  Dad. I think that now she finally regained control over her life. She's smiling again, devoted to me and her job. Still, I sometimes catch her staring at my Dad's pictures and sighing painfully.

"Okay, Mom. Give me a sec!"- I yelled from my room. I finished my art project and put it on a  desk. Then I went to the bathroom and washed my hands, that were stained from painting colors I used.

"Uh, I hate when paint won't go away."- I said dryly to myself, while scraping it off of my fingers. I liked my bathroom. It was big and bright, with light green tiles. That color was always calming me, especially when I was upset.

The project I was working on was very important and I did my best to make it perfect. Doing stuff for school would always occupy my minds, so I didn't think about  Dad.

My Mom works as a doctor, so we are pretty rich. Our house has two floors and big garden around it. Instead of  wall, living room has  big glassy window that is placed from floor to the top, so you can see our pool and big tree in the garden. House is really cosy and it feels like true home. It's painted in bright colors, like yellow and orange. We have a lot framed photos, vases with fresh flowers and paintings on walls - stuff that makes our place looks like it's from pages of some family magazine.

I went downstairs and found my Mom sitting on the chair in the dining room, looking rather nervous. Her hair was like mine, long and dark, almost black. She wore it in messy bun, with few lose locks. Her brown eyes were filled with tension and a hint of worriness. My own were dark blue, and I inherited them from grandma- they were like some kind of family jewelry- my Dad had them too.

"So, what's up?"- I asked her with a smile, trying to lighten a mood. TV was on but I knew she didn't watch it according to look in her eyes. She was thinking hard about something, sitting with crossed legs.

"Um, Ashley, I need to talk to you about something very serious."- she said, fumbling with her fingers. My Mom was never like this. She would always say flatly whatever she has to say, without hesitation.

That's why  I freaked out. Did something bad happen? I was anxious to find out what got her so upset. My Mom was my rock, I could confide in her, always sure that she would give me the best advice.

"Mom, you're scaring me. Just spit it out, please."- I pleaded, looking straight into her eyes. I didn't like this anticipation...it was killing me. My brain was working so fast, thinking about all possiblities but I couldn't come up with anything.

"Okay."- she breathed deeply. "But I need you to stay calm, please honey!"- she said with worried eyes. "I'm getting married."- as words left her lips I felt that my world fell apart, straight on my shoulders, crushing every bone in my body.