- Chapter 12

Ashley's P.O.V.

When my classes  finished, I went to parking lot to wait for Aiden. As I was sitting in my car, listening to music, rain poured, making all students run around, in order to find some safe shelter. I was getting really mad at him, he probably forgot that we agreed to meet here, after classes. While I was trying to calm myself, I saw Aiden and Christa walking together, smiling. His arm was around her waist and her head was leaning on his shoulder.

Christa was grinning like she won the lottery while Aiden was holding his jacket over their heads. They were now running to Christa's car, trying to escape big droplets of rain. They stood next to her car and... kissed. They shared a real, hot, passionate kiss, hugging each other closely. Gross. They clearly didn't care for no PDA policy.

But when I saw them together, something deep inside me broke into thousand little pieces. I knew I shouldn't be sad, but I was. They were making out, not aware of all the stares they were receiving from small number of curious students, that were still on a parking lot. My eyes were glued to them, and I couldn't avert my gaze as I felt hot tears rolling across my cheeks.

But I did have some sense of self-preservation, so I quickly get rid off the treacherous tears and headed to my house.

                                                 * * * *               * * * *               * * * *               * * * *

I opened the front doors with force, causing little plants next to them to tremble. My feelings were mixed, but pain was outstanding. I just wanted to curle in a ball and sleep through everything. And I hated it.

"Ashley, honey, is that you?"- my mom asked from  the kitchen. Delicious smell was flowing through the house, making my mouth  water. I was sure that I looked like hell but didn't mind. It was inly my mother in the house.

"Yes. What are you preparing, it smells incredibly?"- I asked her, entering the kitchen and hugging my Mom. I inhaled deeply, savouring this wonderful scent. I guess she noticed my tears-stained cheeks, but she kept it to herself and I was eternally grateful for that.

"It's surprise... you'll see later."- she answered with playfull glint in her eyes that made her look 20 years younger.

"Mom, you're acting like some secret agent. Just tell me!"- I ordered smiling, but with hint of annoyance in my voice. I pushed my bad mood in the back of my mind and tried to act as if nothing had happened.

"Don't be so curious, honey."- she replied, when our phone rang. "I'll get it, it's probably Jonathan." That was my cue to leave.

"Okay, I'll be in my room."- I announced, giving her free space to talk to her soon-to-be husband.

                                       * * * *               * * * *               * * * *               * * * *

I was laying on my bed, not doing anything, just thinking -mainly about  Aiden. Somehow, he got under my skin, in less then a week. And that bothered me. I didn't want to like him, to wait for him to look at me and talk to me. That was just...pathetic.

Someone's knocking interrupted my thoughts. Aiden stuck his head in my room, smiling like idiot. He sat on my bed, not asking  for permission first.

"What do you want, Aiden?"- I asked in harsh tone. His smile fell after he heard my words. No, I'm not going to forgive him so easily. I was so angry because he ditched me...for Christa. "Maybe I like him, maybe that's why I'm so angry. I wanted him to notice me, to like me."- I thought, shaking my head.

"What's wrong, Ash? I thought we were on good terms."- he asked confused, looking me straight into eyes.

I took deep breath, trying to calm myself: "What's wrong? Are you crazy?? You stood me up... I waited for you after school and you didn't have decency to call me and tell me you were going with that slut!"- I snapped, shutting my eyes tightly, on verge of tears.

"For your information, that slut became my girlfriend today... you may be my step-sister, but I won't let you talk about her that way."- he shouted back, storming off. His words punched me in the stomach, giving me urge to puke. I wasn't going to be sick over him. "No, Ashley, don't let him hurt you. He deserves that STD slut."- I whispered quietly to myself, glaring at the doors.  

                                              * * * *               * * * *               * * * *               * * * *

Aiden's P.O.V.

I left Ash's room, mad like hell. I wasn't angry with her... I hated myself for being so weak. After we had had fun, I asked Christa to be my girlfriend. I wanted to get Ashley out of my head... and Christa was a perfect distraction.

I knew I couldn't let myself fall for Ashley. She's my step-sister and that's forbidden. But it's not my fault that everything on her invites me: her skin, her lips, her laugh, her little nose, her frown. Now I sound like that sparkly vampire. Get a grip, man.

Hell, I even dreamed about her last night. Talk about family relationships.

Aiden's dream:

I was laying on the deck chair, near pool, sunbathing. Suddenly, Ashley appeared in small bikini, looking sexy as hell. I felt breathless, as she looked  straight into my eyes. It was like she wanted to throw spell over me.

"Aiden, you must protect your skin from evil Sun. Can I take care of you?"- she asked teasingly, putting his hands on arm rests, hovering above me. My breathing became ragged, while my eyes widened in surprise.

"Y-yes, p-please."- I stuttered from all this excitement. She just smiled, and unhooked her bikini top. My mouth watered at sight of this. She took it off and hide her chest with right arm, not giving me full view. She teased me, caressing my cheek with straps of her bikini.

As she leaned down to kiss me, I abruptly woke up, covered in sweat. I took long, cold shower, trying to forget all the pictures that flooded my mind.

I really have to kill all these lovey-dovey feelings inside me. I do not like her. Period.

It's not like she drives me crazy. It's not like I can help myself staring at her. It's not like all I want to do is to kiss her like there's no tomorrow. It's not like I want to make her smile every day.

Or is it? Man, if I fall for her, I'll be in some deep shit.