Chapter 39

Yeji’s POV
It’s 4:38am right now, Chaeryeong is still sleeping. It’s our fifth day in Maldives and we had a lot of fun here.

I went down from the bed slowly and carefully so I won’t wake her up. I cover her with the blanket gently so she won’t feel cold.

I’m now at the beach, walking along with the breezy wind and the sounds of the waves I’m hearing. It’s refreshing.

The sky is not that dark, since the sun is going to rise soon. As I walk on the soft sands under my feet, I think about her, I think about us.

To my Chaeryeong, my girl, my wife, my love. For the first time we met, in the field, that day when I saw you crying under the tree, you look very sad. I have no idea why but, I somehow thought I should comfort you. Plucking flowers to comfort someone crying isn’t a really good idea but to be honest I had never comfort anyone before, I don’t know how to comfort a person. But you seems to like flowers, a lot. At the moment when you lifted your head to look at me cause I called you, your eyes were sparkling when you see the flowers. How cute you were when I see you smiling. It’s beautiful.

We started to talk every day at the same time. Meeting each other becomes one of our “daily routine”. You shared your stories and we talk jokes together. We play along, we laughed everyday. It’s nice to be your friend. Your best friend.

But as the day goes, I found out my feelings for you were deeper than just friends. I know we were just kids, I’m 12 and you’re 11. But the feeling was unfamiliar to me. Whenever I see you, my heart beats rapidly, I get happy and my mood lights up seeing you smile. When we bid our goodbyes to head back to home, I miss you a lot. Sometimes I couldn’t sleep, because of you. Is this love?

Whenever I’m with you, I wanna stay with you, forever, and not just only being friends. But something I wasn’t expected, happened. My parents was in a rush, telling me to pack up my things, because they are taking me to England, to study abroad. I requested to meet Chaeryeong one more time, but they denied my request and told me to get in to the car. Honestly, I didn’t want to leave. And unfortunately, that time I don’t know her name.

Living in England makes me feel lonely. I don’t make friends there cause I’m not interested in making any friends and plus, they are a little scared of me because of my fierce looking eyes. I only had a friend, a best friend, Lia. She’s Korean too, and she told me her real name is Choi Jisu. We started talking because she’s quite friendly and we have quite similarities, like hobbies and taste of musics. But yeah, Chaeryeong will still be in a higher place than everyone else in my heart.

I told Lia about her, she did tried to let me forget about Chaeryeong, because I was having a hard time thinking and missing about her. Sometimes I cries, thinking that she might be with someone already, someone who loves her. I know I’m just a friend to her, maybe she hates me already cause I left her without telling. Or maybe she doesn’t even care? After all, I’m just a stranger who plays with her and comforts her out of no where.

After few years living in England, I’m back in Korea. Finally. Is she still there? I have no idea, but going for a visit there and search for her for a bit isn’t a bad idea, right? I went back to where I lived, the field, my neighborhood, her house. But she’s nowhere to be seen. Her neighbour told me she had moved away two years ago. No one knows where she went.

I bought an apartment in Seoul for me to live in, and I decided to open a flower shop. For a girl who loves flower a lot, will there be any chance that I’ll meet her in my shop? Will she visits my shop if she stops by? Will I get to see her, at least for once? I don’t know, but I decided to try it out. I’ll hand this to fate, am I doing a good decision?