Chapter 1

He was about to go out to meet a friend but suddenly his mom stopped him at the door and said -

"Jahan. Don't go anywhere today. We have to pack your clothes and I need your help to buy some gifts for everyone."

"Why mom? Are we going anywhere?"

"Yes, we are all going to Bangladesh for a visit. Your dad said our flight is at midnight."

"You mean all of us? I fear that I can't go. Tomorrow is my graduation day and also the opening ceremony of my brand new company."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, mom. You go and enjoy. Maybe I will visit them next time?"

"In sha Allah. You get ready, I will be back within an hour and take you to the mall for shopping."

After a moment of silence, his mom spoke to him - "Well, you can relax but come the day after tomorrow."

Seeing her so excited he asked, "Mom, why do you suddenly want to go to our homeland?

"Because this Friday is Emaan's wedding."

"What?"

Hearing about Emaan's wedding, his mouth was left wide open.

"Are you serious? She is too small.
How can she get married at such a young age?"

"Jahan, my son, she has passed SSC and grandma wants her to get married before she gets admission into the college. By the way, sixteen-seventeen is the age of youth. Won't it be such a waste if she has no man to dote on her?"

Ahem Ahem! He cleared his throat and left with his car keys saying "Okay, mom I am in a hurry, gotta go."

"Ugh! He just ran away like that?
Oh, my shy lad."

TWO DAYS LATER ...

The plane finally landed in Bangladesh. The moment he stepped out the exit door, a strong breeze waved through his thick black hair.

His flight was in the early dawn, so no one came to pick him up from the airport. Anyways, it's nice to spend some time alone and enjoy the beauty of nature.

After having a cup of tea from the nearby tea stall, he got into a taxi. The car honked the horn.

"Jahan brother has arrived.
Jahan has come!"

Everyone rushed to receive him at the door. He greeted them with salam and a bright smile.

Jahan's dad, Mr. Zarhawar Khan stood next to Ibrahim Khan, his elder brother who approached Jahan with a manly hug.

He patted Jahan's shoulder and asked him "Son, was there any trouble on the way?"

"No, uncle. It was fine. How have you been?"

"Alhamdulillah."

"Okay, go inside and meet your grandma. She has been waiting for you."

- 6.00 pm -

Jahan, wake up, my son.

The function has started.

Here are your clothes, wear them and come out within 5 minutes. Hurry.

He jumped off his bed.

"Oh shit! It's almost evening. After a long journey, I was so tired that I fall asleep right after talking to grandma, mom, and a few of our relatives."

He offered prayer and come out of the guest room.

"Wow! Village marriages are indeed different from city weddings. Look at those colorful red, blue, and golden fairy lights."