Chapter 5

- Jahan's POV -

Sitting in a chair with a phone, Jahan was staring at the large sky while remembering the beautiful face of his newly wedded bride who was miles away from him.

He dialed her number and she picked it up immediately.

“Hello! Assalamu-alaykum!”

“Wa-Alaikum Assalam!
Haven't you slept yet Emaan?
I thought you probably........”

“No, I was studying for the admission test and...”

“And?”

“Must I tell you everything?”

“Of course, you must tell me everything, I am your husband.”

“OK, fine, my bossy husband. I was waiting for your call"- her cheeks turn red because it was a tiny confession of her love for him.

“Oh!”

“Only Oh? Nothing else? Huh?” - She made a pout while complaining about him to him.

She mumbled in her heart “heartless, cruel, devil. I was waiting for him till late night and he only has to say Oh?”

“Emaan?”

“Ahh! Yes?”

“Why do I feel like you are scolding me in your heart?”

“Astaghfirullah! Hahaha, me and scold you? Tawbah! Never never. You are so good and considerate. How can I scold you? Hahaha....haha....(╥﹏╥)”

“Good girl. Emaan?”

“Yes?”

“Nothing. It's already 2.am in your place. Go to sleep or else tomorrow morning you will wake up with Panda eyes.”

“Aigo! This guy......Okay, Bye. Allah Hafiz” - saying this she hanged off.

And Jahan started laughing at her silliness.

Keeping the phone in his pocket, he stood up and crossed his arms in a relaxing mood over the railing of the balcony and lost himself in thoughts of love.

Love huh?

I never understood love until I fell in love with my wife.

Love is indeed a form of rizq.

The one whose heart Allah has chosen to preserve your rizq will eventually find you even when you are miles away from them.

That’s exactly what happened to me and her.

As a fresh graduate, I started my first business and put my heart and soul into work.

I was not looking for a relationship any sooner, so, to think of an instant marriage? Hell, no way!

I simply believed that I was attending a village wedding where there would be a lot of fun but little did I know that my parents were planning to tie my knot with Eman, the cousin whom I barely knew.

As usual, I wore a light yellow-colored semi-long Panjabi with white pants and walked through the backyard where I heard laughter.

I went one step further and saw a beautiful girl sitting in a yellow dress with floral ornaments.

She was pretty, indeed. I felt whoever would marry her will be lucky.

But when my beloved mother confided me as her groom, I almost fell from the sky in awe.

I begged mom to call off this wedding because I presumed neither of us was qualified enough but she conveyed a sentimental oration and left me behind on a battleground.