Chapter 3

She woke up in the morning and had ghusl. She offered prayer and made breakfast for everyone.

Jahan was still asleep.

He woke up getting a call from someone.

It was his friend and business partner. Jahan was called back to Malaysia urgently because his friend was finding it difficult to handle their clients alone as they just opened this company not too long ago.

He came out of his room.

"Mom, uncle, dad.... good that I have found you all together. Hassan just called me and said something urgent has got in the company. We can't delay. I think it's time for us to go back home?"

Emaan was helping granny to sit in a chair, but hearing Jahan, she stood still.

"But what about my little girl, dada-bhai?" - asked granny.

Jahan went near granny, sitting on his knees, he grabbed her both hands and proclaimed, "Look after her for me my sweetheart. After five months, I will steal her from you."

Everyone smiled and that's how Jahan and his family returned to Malaysia.

Everything was fine like before, except my heart that seemed to be beating within me but crying for someone else.

I used to be a happy girl, with no worries no longings. But ever since Allah sent this man into my life, I am going insane.

I knew he didn't want to marry me.

I could read it on his face when Chachi-ma first announced our wedding that evening.

He seemed startled. I wish I could help him out but I was helpless.

He was married to me without his will.

I knew I was being a nuisance, so I promised myself not to be a thorn in his way of happiness.

I knew that I wasn't well aware of the responsibilities that come with marriage, but I was preparing myself to fulfill my duties even though I wasn't ready.

I, I tried my best to act normal on our first night. I thought he would misbehave with me since I ruined his dreams.

But he was very gentle to me. I had no intention to drink his milk, but I just acted out of nervousness.

I thought he would throw the glass away, but he finished the rest of the milk.

I was glad.

And when he pulled me towards him, my heart stopped beating for a few seconds thinking "Is he going to slap me?"

But to my surprise, he kissed me!

This experience was brand new for me that my heart couldn't handle it and my mind went blank.

I don't remember what nonsense I yapped after that but I only remember that I had a good sleep.

But my sleep flew away when he fell sick.

I thought maybe it's because of me, I gave him worries so he fell ill.

I felt sorry for him.

I wanted to be by his side but when I couldn't handle my hijab properly, so how could I handle a sick patient?

I dropped this idea and let Chachi-ma took care of him.

I slept with Zara.

We talked about her brother, which means my devil husband almost every night.