Chapter 2

The Qadhi asked... “Giving one lakh rupees in cash as Mehr, Mr. Jahan Khan, do you accept Mr. Ibrahim Khan's daughter, Emaan bint Ibrahim as your lawful bride?”

“Do you accept this marriage?"
“Kya aap ko ye nikkah qubool hai?"

“Yes, I do”
“Ji, Qubool hai.”

“Jahan Bhai, Jahan bhai, bhabi is waiting for you...” - saying this, Zara pushed me inside the door and locked it behind me.

I cleared my throat while my eyes meet Emaan who was sitting in the middle of the bed which was decorated with rose petals. I could smell a sweet scent coming from her.

I went a little closer and gazed at her attentively to find out that this fragrance was coming from her braid that was covered with white Jasmine.

She was wearing a maroon lehenga with a dark maroon lipstick. Her make-up was light yet beautiful. The veil over her head was transparent enough to reveal her delicate skin.”

I was studying her when she looked at me with her timid eyes. “How cute!”

I swallowed my saliva because all of a sudden I found myself thirsty, no, not for water or almond milk, but for someone's love who was probably singing “Dhoom Machale” after trespassing the territory of my heart.

“Assalamu-Alaykum!”

Emaan's voice brought him to reality.

“Wa-Alaykum Assalam!” - he replied but then again, he got lost in his thoughts.

“Oh, no! Jahan, what were you thinking? Have you forgotten she is your little cousin?"

“No, now she is my wife. She is mine and I am hers. We are each other's garments. I am her strength, she is my honor. She is the woman I should love and care for the rest of my life.”

While he was busy in his thoughts, Emaan got down from bed, picked the glass of milk up from the table, and offered it to Jahan.

“What are you thinking?”

“Don't you want it?”

“Oh, yes, yes, give me.....”

She finished half of the milk from the glass with one sip and gave it back to Jahan.

Being dumbfounded, he asked her -
“Why did you drink my milk?”

She said, “Because eating from the same container increases love.”

Jahan burst out laughing.

He took the glass from her hand and drank the rest of the milk.

“Emaan, come here and sit next to me.”

“Okay, Jahan Bhai.”

“What? Bhai?”

“Hmm?”

“We are married now. You can't call me brother like I can't call you sister.”

“Then, then - tell me how should I address you, Jahan bhai?”

He pulled her towards him by grabbing her slim waist with his arm and losing balance on herself, she fell over him.

His gaze on her was being intense with every passing moment and he did something which brought her to tears.

She started crying because he gave her a kiss.

“Why are you crying?”

“You are a bad man. Why would you do something like that to me?”