Chapter 3: The Team-Up

Third Person POV:

Souma Yukihira was pouting as he walked with his friend Megumi Tadokoro. Megumi said, "Souma, you can't keep pouting about what happened at BLUE. You have to move on and try to improve yourself." Souma let out a depressed sigh, "You're right. Well, better get started then." The red head stretched his arms. Megumi smiled, "Glad to see that you're better. If you want, we can head to one of the available kitchens to practice." Souma smiled, "That sounds great. And you can try any new dishes that I make, right Megumi?" Megumi was scared. Souma was famous for his weird creations that he loved to make people taste in order to see how they would react. However, Megumi had been the victim of his taste testing long enough to be able to handle it. She smiled, "Okay. I'll do my best to help you, Souma. I'm sure you'll...Oh." Megumi stopped walking. Souma was surprised and looked to see there was a person in front of them.

Megumi smiled, "Oh, L/N. It's nice to see you." L/N bowed, "It's nice to see you as well, Tadokoro. I wasn't expecting you to be in this area." Megumi replied, "Well, me and Souma were going to the kitchens to practice." L/N replied, "Is that so? Well, I just came from them. It seems that they're all filled up, so I doubt that you'll be able to practice any dishes. It seems that most students are practicing for Shokugekis and the advancement exams." Megumi said, "Is that so? Well, I remember how hard the advancement exam was last year, so it makes sense that they'll be practicing so much."

Souma watched as the two of them continued to talk to each other. He had never seen the H/C boy before, but it seemed that  he was close to Megumi. Souma puffed up his cheeks in anger as the two continued to talk amongst themselves. He wasn't used to Megumi talking to someone else and ignoring him completely. He cleared his throat to interrupt them. The two of them turned to him. Souma waved, "Hey. I don't think we've met." Megumi gasped, "Oh, right. I didn't introduce you. Sorry Souma, I just forgot that you were here with us." Souma could feel an arrow pierce through his heart as she said that. He recovered, "It's no problem. I forget that people are around too, sometimes." 

Megumi smiled, "Souma Yukihira, this is Y/N L/N. We have some classes together, so we end up working together a lot." Y/N bowed to Souma, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, First Seat Yukihira." Souma was uneased by the formal way Y/N suddenly spoke. It was different from how he was just speaking to Megumi, "Uh, it's nice to meet you too. Thanks for helping Megumi." Y/N said, "No thanks are necessary. It was my pleasure to help. Oh, by the way, the dish you cooked for the final round at BLUE was stupendous. It is quite a shame that you lost. Unsurprising, but a shame." Souma could feel a tick mark appear on his forehead, "Yeah, well, I doubt that you could do any better." Y/N said, "I have no doubt about that. Then again, I do not have access to the vast resources given to the First Seat of the Council of Ten. It's a shame that they weren't able to help you succeed."

 Now Souma was getting pissed off. He turned to Megumi and grabbed part of her uniform, "Megumi, this guy is trolling me. You won't let this slide, right? Tell him to knock it off and stop hanging out with him." Megumi was surprised by Souma's request, but she turned to Y/N and blushed slightly, "Uh, but, he's really a nice guy. I think he's just teasing you." For some reason, the fact that Megumi chose to defend Y/N upset Souma. Y/N spoke up, "Yes, but I doubt that someone who voluntarily makes disgusting dishes just to have people show him their reactions would understand the concept of being nice to others." Souma growled, "Okay, now you're really starting to make me mad." Megumi said, "Souma, don't bully L/N." Souma turned to her in disbelief, "Me, bully him? He's the one bullying me! What the hell?"

"There you are!!"

The three of them looked to see Erina running towards them. She stopped to catch her breathe. Once she regained her stamina, she pointed to Y/N, "You. I finally found you. It required a week's worth of stalking and a complete memorization of your schedule, but I found you." Y/N blinked as he stared at her before turning to Megumi, "So, do you want to go see if any of the kitchens are available now?" Erina screamed, "Don't ignore me!!" Megumi frowned, "Uh, aren't you going to talk to Erina?" Y/N said, "Nah, if I ignore it long enough, the problem will just go away." Erina yelled, "I will not." Souma asked, "Erina, is he your friend or something?" Erina said, "Absolutely not! He is not my friend. I despise him with every fiber of my being." Souma agreed, "Yeah, he's a total jerk face." Y/N said, "The two of them get along well. Wonder when the wedding will be." Souma and Erina turned to him and yelled, "What wedding?" 

Y/N turned to Megumi, "Tadokoro, do you want to practice some dishes with me for our class?" Megumi nodded, "Sure, that sounds great." The two of them walked away, leaving a stunned Erina and Souma. Souma said quietly, "I...can't believe Megumi just dumped me to go with that guy." Erina growled, "Damn him. I'll definitely get revenge." Souma turned to her, "Looks like we both want the same thing." Erina said, "So it seems." The two of the them grabbed hands and agreed to a team-up. They simultaneously said, "A team to take down Y/N L/N!"