31 : Fools

EULA

Let's say, she just caught me off-guard that night. Little she didn't know that I would have killed her more brutally if I knew her playing; on her game, I was not having fun.

I should've been finding love and healing in this 34th period of my life, if not for my back remaining stuck in this hospital bed and the only free in my body is my eyes viewing outside the window into the clouds enveloped by incomprehensible weather, casually revealing my feelings as forever alone. My skin has now fully recovered from the funniest exfoliation although a thick bandage is still wrapped around my ruptured head after being mistaken as a target shooting board, better than being alive but having no brain activity at all, but consciousness.

Funny 'cause here I am, completely breathing with revitalized skin and positive dreams. Maybe there's a reason for that. We'll see.

Then, a panic ticks my solace as my door rattles open with a creak I memorize, so I can't be wrong to expect who could be entering my peace. I made hastiness as I grabbed my hairbrush and a mirror from the table next to my bed, losing my head as I remained in my reflection while making myself fully assembled as a hospitalized woman but trying to hide why. My golden hair luckily is still able to be curled even by my fingers, and my tan skin is finally back to its richness defining who I used to be am. God, that should do it. This is my best.

Shortly after, a wrong face owned by a familiar male nurse arrived while pushing a tray of medical supplies entering my room, and my shoulder aggressively dropped with the sound of my heavy disappointed sigh. I'm starting to doubt my feelings now for having a different man mistaken for whom I'm expecting to greet my gloomy day.

"Good morning! Let me check your blood pressure, Ma'am," Hecor approaches while I'm rolling an eye in response to his bullying smirk. "...He's still having an appointment with a patient who seems not ill at all, poor you" he jested. He knows what I'm pissed about.

"Tell him my stomach hurts, really bad" I pretended to be almost crying, caressing my stomach and looking hungry.

He reached for my arm to set up the medical instrument and replied, "I knew it. You're just pretending to be in a coma for a whole 5 years just to be with him, all along, right? Nice strategy, but you're not the only one" he mocked, the scars on his face had naturally faded and almost gone to have me proud to what he's gone through. I evilly chuckled while he continued wrapping the sphygmomanometer into my wrist and started pumping it. "...okay, 120 over 80"

Making sure to spin him my vengeful retort, "You're a nurse now, unbelievable. Let's pretend it's not a product of nepotism" I kid, staring proudly at his wholeness knowing he achieves all of this on his own fingertips. But his scrubs made me realize how much I missed being a nurse. To think that my whole was wasted for being dead in this bed for an entire five years, because of one woman, my living tragedy. I hope she's miserable, until now, and until she dies. God, please, let me have dementia just now for the sake of moving on.

"Wait until I inject you a 12-inch syringe" He aggressively puts down the instrument into the tray.

"Fuck you, Hec" I laugh, rolling my eyes for another time and forgetting my beginning sentiment.

"So... I need to leave now. Tomorrow is your discharge, right? Good luck. You'll miss me" He fakes his hand waving goodbye then I shrug, quietly watching him set back the medical supply while I'm on my brain now trying to contemplate how to ask him the question I've been longing to ask since I physically regained recovery, five months ago.

"Does she ever come back?" I broke the silence, and myself from a sudden heavy thud in my chest. That woman began to be my phobia.

Hecor took paused as he was about to leave, his eyes moved to the ceiling for a while as if he wasn't sure who, "Hmm... Pana?" I slowly nodded, averting eye contact like a coward. Ugh, I hate myself.