Chapter 6

The next morning I woke up laying in a stiff position on the couch still wrapped in Declan's arms. I didn't even remember when we had fallen asleep. We had stayed up long past our conversation about the agency just talking and sharing stories of our childhood. It was easy for me to see why Talon had gotten along so well with Declan and why he trusted him so much. 

Lazily, I peeled my eyelids open and looked up to see Declan sleeping peacefully with a small smile still on his face. He was so attractive in that moment that I couldn't peel my eyes away from him. He had a little bit of stubble growing in and his blond hair was extremely messy. I could only imagine what the look on his face would be like when he woke up. 

"I know you're watching me." His smirk grew wider and wider until it was a full blown smile. His green eyes shined brightly when they met mine.

"I was merely waiting for you to wake up so that way you could release me from this death grip." I picked him arm up and dropped it down hard once I stood up. I put my hand on my hip and gave him a determined looked. 

"You're a pretty decent liar, you know that? You're going to fit right in with all of us, Charlie." He didn't move from his spot on the couch. I simply rolled my eyes at him and headed off to my room to get ready for the day. "Nice way to avoid the subject," Declan called after me and I turned around and caught him checking out my butt.

"Like what you see?" I winked at him, shutting the door before he could respond. I could hear him laughing in the other room even after locking the door.

I took a quick shower and started getting ready. I did my makeup normally, darkening the rims of my  eyes with eyeliner. I slipped into a pair of dark denim jeans and a pair of dark brown knee high boots. I slipped on a white tank top and a maroon v-neck t-shirt. I curled my hair once it was finally dry, then put on the key necklace from Talon, and wrapped the gold infinity scarf around my neck to cover the necklace.

"Wow, good morning beautiful." Declan looked up from the skillet as I walked into the kitchen for breakfast.

"Do you hit on all your house guests?" I walked into the kitchen and birched up against the counter behind him. He was shirtless wearing a navy pair of low slung sweat pants this morning. 

"Only you, my dear. It's oh so tempting when you looks as good as you do." Declan turned around clearing examining every inch of me again. He stepped closer, gripping the counter on either side of me. His arms brushed against mine and he stared at me waiting for a response. 

Buzz. Saved by the call box. "I think you better get that." I said through batted eyelashes. It was kind of fun playing games with him. He didn't seem to mind either. He stared at me for a few seconds longer before sulking his way over to the call box. 

"Who is it?" Declan pressed the button.

"It's Easton, let me in." He demanded. Declan looked at me and rolled his eyes before letting him into the lobby area. Easton had a key that would get him into the building, but Declan still had to disarm the system.

"This isn't over, honey." Declan quickly landed a kiss on my cheek leaving me frozen in position. I had thought the banter was as good as gone given the interruption, so I was startled by his actions. He turned and winked at me as he walked into the living room where Easton was getting ready to join us. I gave him a smart look before turning and walking over to the fridge to grab something for breakfast.

"Oh man, you look rough." Easton laughed at Declan's appearance. I heard a loud thump and I assumed it was the sound of Declan throwing a punch at Easton's statement. They laughed and then joined me in the kitchen.