The Aftermath

I was on the ground confused. What happened to me. Why couldn't I kill him? I thought it was easy. Why couldn't I do it? 

He sat down on the ground next to me. Jasper put his arms around me and comforted me. I didn't pull away. I was frozen in my place. Warm tears were running down my face. I lent in towards Jasper and cried. 

After a while, I  stood up and left. I didn't want to see him ever again. I failed. He saw that I was weak. He should be dead but something happened. So many thoughts were rushing through my head as I walked home. When I finally arrived home it was the early hours of the morning and I went straight to bed.

When I woke up, everything from the previous night came rushing back to me. I didn't want to remember so I got up and got ready for school. I had breakfast and slowly made my way to school. I went to the library like always and found my corner. I sat down and read a book. Every time I read I am teleported to a new and better world. I want to escape. I want to leave this world and move to the world in the books. I never go to class I just stay in my corner and read. 

When it was lunchtime, I saw Jasper. He walked towards me and sat down next to me. 

"Hey," He said in a sweet voice.

"Hi," I said looking away. I felt weak. 

"Can we meet up after school and talk?" He asked. I knew he was going to talk about last night and I didn't want to.

"Sorry, I'm really busy," I said. All these excuses.

"Come on Regan, It's just to talk," He pleaded. He wasn't going to leave me alone. 

"Fine," I said reluctantly. 

"Thanks," He said as he kissed me on my cheek. He walked away with a smile. 

 A few tears rolled down my cheeks as I went back to reading