How to Summon a Demon 101! (Fluff?)

Tanjiro, ever since was a little kid, had always wanted to see a demon. Weird, he knows, but he was always fascinated by them. His teacher had told him stories about the mythical creatures, but also told him about the fact that they simply could not exist nowadays, because of the improved weapons. Guns, for example, were much more useful.

Though, Tanjiro still persisted. His friend Zenitsu called him insane for trying, and never, even though he was asked on many occasions to, would NEVER help Tanjiro try to summon a demon.

"Please Zenitsu!" He would beg, tugging at his school shirt. "I just want to see one, just to- oh I don't know, compare it? Oh please, Zenitsu!"

The blonde shrugged him off and made a grimaced face at his best friend. "You're bonkers. Absolutely nuts. A demon? To compare? You're crazy. No way."

That's how it went every time, until now.

This time, the two met up after school in an abandoned shack in the woods with Tanjiro's younger sister, Nezuko.

"I still can't believe I agreed to this..." Zenitsu muttered. "This is insane..."

"Insane or no, we get to see a demon!" Tanjiro beamed and giggled lightly. "Wow. I'm so excited!" 

Nezuko yawned and sat in a shady corner, resting her head on her shoulders and sighing. Zenitsu turned red and stared, but didn't move.

"Hmm.." Tanjiro raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off. It wasn't the first time Zenitsu had acted weirdly, so it wasn't anything new. "Well, let's get started!"

...

It was darkening outside, and gently raining beyond the warmth of the old farmhouse. Tanjiro and Zenitsu were huddled together near the candles they had lit in a circle, along with the several burning incense sticks around them. It caused a sort of dizzying aroma, and as much as Tanjiro didn't want to admit it, he was having trouble staying awake.

Nezuko had gone home some hours ago, despite Zenitsu's pleads. She'd simply waved and yawned, slowly walking away into the path that led to the tunnel in their neighborhood.

Now, Zenitsu was lightly snoring on Tanjiro's side, as they laid curled together inside the circle. Tanjiro closed his eyes. Maybe if I just rest for a little..

He was just drifting off when he heard a sudden crackle from the floorboards. Tanjiro was stuck frozen as a beam of light in the shape of a pentagram started shining from the floor. He couldn't make any noise, and Zenitsu was still out on his side.

A sharp light shone brightly, and Tanjiro was temporarily blinded.

Okay so Ive been dead 😜