Three

February 11, 2019
Monday
9:15 pm

•••••••

I parked my car and grabbed my stuff

I parked my car and grabbed my stuff. I was an hour late to the shop and I felt bad because I had Rielle waiting for me. I had called her before I had left the house to let her know that I was running late but that still didn't make me feel any better. I was always on time or early for any appointment or event I was going to because I hated being late, I was big on punctuality.

I rounded the corner and saw her leaning on the wall with a coffee tray in her hand. She didn't seem to be bothered at all and that's one of the reasons why I liked her. She was quiet and she didn't let things get to her easily. I had met her back when we were both fresh out of high school and in our first year of community college. She may be quiet but she was a beast in the hair and makeup department so it was only right that she had a place in my shop.

"Rie, I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting."

"No, it's fine Miss Sicard." I took the coffee from her and handed her the keys. "The coffee is still hot, I got it after you called."

"Thanks Mama and you can call me Bre or Breanna. I'd like to think you consider me a friend because I consider you a friend."

"I do consider you a friend, my only friend probably, I hope that's not weird?" She held the door open for me and I went in.

"No, that's fine. I'd like to introduce you to my girls sometime, if that's okay with you?" It was hard to make friends in this here city because people were so fake so I'm glad I had my girls all my life and I didn't need any new friends with an exception to Rielle of course.

"That'd be nice."

"Okay. I'm heading to the back." I took one of the coffees and handed the next one to her. "We have a few deliveries coming in today and the guy is coming in to get the plumbing sorted out."

"Okay." I headed to the back and put my stuff down on the desk. Whoever the previous owners were, they left a desk and chair that I cleaned thoroughly first before even using it. I drank some of my coffee and sighed, I didn't drink coffee often but it never disappointed. My phone started ringing and I picked it up to see that it was Mikhail calling. I rolled my eyes but smiled as I accepted the call and put the phone on speaker.