twenty seven

"Huh." I let out the breath I was holding when I saw Rafe as I close the door behind me. "Why do I still have to stay here?" I whispered to myself. "You can stay with John B and I at our humble Chateau. You're always welcome." JJ said making me chuckled a bit. He flopped onto the bed and I joined him. "Did I just heard JJ Maybanks said I was welcome to be near him? The JJ I knew won't even be in the same room as I am." I laughed we both were laying on my bed. Our faces were inches away. "What can I say? Maybe I am a great guy after all." He shrugged and I playfully slap his chest while both of us were laughing.

After a while, we stopped laughing and saw our hands were touching each other. We looked at each other and I was lost. Lost in his eyes and I swear I can't breathe when he looks at me. We weren't even talking or laughing anymore but our eyes were communicating. Just because of an eye contact, world changes. Just like that. "Y/n, you look me in the eyes for a little too long to 'not catch feelings for me'" JJ flirt joked that made me blink and broke the eye contact. "Oh please. Me? Falling for the charming JJ Maybanks?" I joked back. We joked a lot without knowing if its real or not. "You did not say no." He smirked.

We both stayed like that till I decided to take a shower. "I'm going to take a shower." I said, getting off from bed and walk to the bathroom. "Aight." JJ said as his gaze stopped at Rafe's and I PlayStation at the corner. "Sick, you play?" He asked. "Yeah." I nodded, didn't want to tell him about the past. "Do you mind if I take a look?" He asked for permission. I nodded again. "Damn. Kook stuff is damn sick." I heard he said in amazed before entering the bathroom.

I was in the shower as my thoughts were running with the water. So much had happened since I moved here. I met new people, great ones, bad ones. I got a boyfriend who was high key toxic, broke up with him but still stays under a roof with him which is very uncomfortable and now I am hanging out with the person I thought the last one I would hang out with. JJ and I went through so much. From hating each other and now he's in my room and we're doing great. I thought about how JJ was there every moment when I thought Rafe was. For example, I thought Rafe would teach me surf and watch me successfully nail it for the first time but it was JJ. Bloody hell, he is even here so that Rafe won't get to me.

I suddenly thought about what Sarah said to me the other day before Rafe and I broke up.

"You're getting closer to JJ I see." Sarah sat beside me on the bed. "Its great right?" I questioned her. Isn't that what everyone wants? Me and JJ no longer fighting? "Yeah, don't get me wrong. We love it that you guys are okay now. But can I ask you a question?" She puts her hand on my thigh and looked at me. "Yeah of course." I nodded and put my phone away. "You and JJ, do you guys have anything going on?" She asked. "What do you mean, Sarah? We're friends? That's it." I shook my head. "Don't get me wrong once again. But the way you both look at each other its just different y/n and I know you know it too. Its nothing like when you and Rafe looked at each other." She said. I didn't responded to that statement because I think what Sarah said was true. "Maybe you don't understand it now and I don't need you to understand your feelings now after what Rafe did to you and is doing to you but one day you will. The soul tend to go back to the person who feels like home. And maybe your person has change now." She shrugged. We exchanged smiles before she go back to her room.

I stepped out of the shower and walk to the sink and looked at my reflection. I looked at JJ as a friend. It took me a moment for me to realise it. "I'm in love with him." I said to myself. The lotion I held, fell on the floor. "Fuck." I exclaimed to myself. "Y/n, are you okay?" I heard JJ at the other side. I panicked. "Yeah I'm alright, JJ." I said, trying to stay cool. I put on some clothes and walk out of the bathroom, finding JJ standing by the window, looking outside.

"Nice shower?" He asked as he turned to me. "Yeah, haha." I awkwardly laughed as I threw my towel back in the bathroom and shut the door. "Is everything alright?" He asked again, noticing something was clearly wrong. Duh! There is something wrong. I just discovered that I am in love with him! And he probably will think that's annoying because its JJ? "Everything's perfect. What were you doing?" I asked, changing the topic. "Sarah and John B smashing in the boat." JJ smirked pointing at the boat at the water behind the house . "Ew gross. Why were you watching." I said, with a disgust look as I grab his arm away from the window.

"You're having dinner at the Cameron's house later." I looked at him as we stood close to each other. "Yes, I am aware of that." He nodded. "Please be nice." I reminded him as we both know Rafe will be there. "You know me y/n. I never play nice." He winked.

Sorry for not updating, I was busy binging season 2. I swear the second it ended, I need season 3 right away. Anyways, I came back and noticed this book just hit 400+ reads?! I love ya'll so much omg. Thank you thank you thank you.

OBX SPOILERS SEASON 2 !

First of all, that season was full of chaos. Basically the whole season = chaos. I binged it in a day. I just love how all of them nearly died in this season. Ward can rot in hell. I know its wrong to fantasize and normalize drugs and murders and shit but fucking Rafe Cameron though. I'm sorry ya'll. I am so happy Pope have his main character moment in this season with Denmark Tanny and shit.

The last part though. When I tell you I screamed. Big John is fucking alive ya'll.