seven

(!!!) This chapter will be mentioning : cuts.

We arrived at John B's house. JJ made his way out and walk to my side of the door. "Please don't tell me, you still think you can stand by your own." He said, rolling his eyes. "I am an independent woman, Maybanks." I said, struggling. I looked at him as he was staring at me struggling. "Well maybe I need help. I don't owe you anything." I sighed and pointed my index finger at him. "Look, I just want to get over this alright. Now, come on." He said, taking my arm and put around his neck.

"Sit." He said. I slowly flop myself on the couch. The house was empty, just us two. "Fuck." I cussed under my breath, accidentally pressed a wound on my knee. My shirt was covered with blood as well. After a minute, JJ came back with a bottle of beer and the first aid kit. "Here, have this." He handed me the beer.

"This is going to hurt like hell." JJ warned. "I can see that. Just go ahead." I said, looking at the wounds all over my lower body. The house was fill with silence as none of us were talking. Well just me yelling in pain because JJ can't be fucking gentle. "Ow! Can you be more gentle?" I asked, wincing in pain as the alcohol interact with the fresh wound. "Suck it up, princess." He scoffed. What is with him and calling me princess?

"What happened back there, anyways?" He asked with a worry tone. "You know you should lower your voice. We don't want anyone to know that you actually care now, JJ." I said, sarcastically. He looked at with an unsatisfied face. "I just yeeted because of the chain?" I made and excuse, hoping he would believe it. Of course he don't believe it. "Yeah, right. Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"Can you uh- lift your shirt up a bit?" JJ coughed awkwardly. "Yeah, nice try. I'll clean it by myself." I scoffed and tried to take the wipes from his hand but he pulled away. "Can you stop being so stubborn and let me fucking help you, goddamn it." He exclaimed. I froze and decided to lift my shirt. He started to clean the wounds on my hips to my lower abdomen.

He was all cleaning till he stopped at the front of my abdomen. "JJ why did you stop-" I looked at him and back at my body. Shit, my old scars and bruises. "Y/n- I don't think these are the cuts you get just now." He touched it. "Fuck, uh- thanks." I panicked and immediately pull down my shirt back. "We're done here." I said. "They looked fresh-" JJ was about to continue but I cut him. "I said we're done here." I exclaimed while fixing myself.

JJ nodded and we both get back into the truck. He's going to send me home since my bicycle are still at the ' scene'.

"Here let me help." JJ said, helping me to walk to the door. "Oh god." Sarah opened the door. "Is it y/n?" I heard Rafe's voice, coming towards us. "Y/n." He said. "Come here." Wheezie brought me into her arms and into the house.

"Did you do this JJ?" Rafe looked at JJ with a look that I never saw before these pass few days. His face is turning red and his veins are showing. "I said, did you do this to her JJ?!" Rafe exclaimed and grab JJ by the shirt. "Rafe stop." Wheezie said but her brother didn't even budge. "Rafe, its not him. He helped me." I said, clearing the air. "Its fine Rafe. I'm fine. I just fell from my bicycle." I assured him. He finally let go of JJ's collar. JJ fixed himself. "She's home now. You can leave." Rafe said. JJ didn't even say anything or fight back just like he used to. He looked at me again and leave. "Lets get you upstairs." Rafe helped me to go to my room.

"There we go." Rafe said as I slowly sit on my bed. "Are you sure you're fine? Do you want me to bring you to the hospital?" He asked. "For the 20th time, Rafe. I'm fine." I chuckled. "I'm sorry." He said, looking down. "What for?" I asked, looking up to his face. "I should have accompanied you to the town." He shook his head. "Its fine, Rafe. I'm okay now. I wanted to go alone anyways." I smiled looking at him.

I wish I can tell him or anyone about what happened today but i'm... scared? "I'm just happy that you're here now and you're okay" He smiled back. "I should leave you alone now. Get some rest alright? Don't worry I will come back to check up on you." He said, standing up. He walked closer to me and plant a kiss on my forehead.

Did Rafe Cameron just-

What do you think about Rafe so far? Keep reading to know what will happen next.

- chyn