eighteen

"Good morning, honey. You're up early." Mom greeted me as I enter the kitchen. "Barely slept." I shrugged, pouring myself a coffee. "Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?" Mom asked, grabbing my arm to sit by the counter. "I don't know. Its maybe just me missing Rafe. But I had felt this way since way too long." I chuckled, looking at my coffee. "Yeah, take your time. Let it all out." Mom said, giving me a reassuring smile. "Do you know the feeling of being lost when you want to please everyone? But now its like I thought the decision was going to please myself, instead everything is falling apart." I sighed. "Have you thought for the solution yet?" Mom asked. "I don't think so Mom. I just want to be found right now." I shook my head as tears were already falling from my eyes. "You listen to me well, y/n. This is from me to you honey." Mom started.

"You have to take as long as you need, alright? Take your time, you know? You are undoing yourself. Breaking apart. Collecting. Retrieving. Losing. Directing. And its at your own pace. This is something that we all go through. This is something we all need. So please, don't be so hard on yourself. You're almost there. You're almost home. Focus on yourself, don't get lost into other people. Do it for you, do it your own. Not everyone is going to hold your hand and bring you home when you got lost." She said.

"You hear me, honey?" Mom asked as she reaches for my hand and rub it with her thumb. "Loud and clear." I nodded and wipe my tears. "Good. Now I need you to grab some stuff at Heyward's. Rose is out to help the Carreras at the Wreck and we need to stock up the groceries." Mom said as she get off from the stool. "Yeah, alright." I nodded. "Get ready, I will send the list to your phone is a second. Wheezie thought me how to use the notes for better things." She smiled.

I was in the car, on my way to Heyward's to grab the groceries. Want You Back by 5SOS was playing on the radio. I hummed throughout the song till someone called me. I reached out for my phone that was on the passenger seat. "Rafe." I read the name out loud. "Good morning, love." I said first. "Good morning baby. What are you doing? Are you in the car?" He bombarded me with questions. "Yeah, on my way to Heyward's to grab some groceries. Have you settled in yet?" I asked. "Yeah. settled everything late night." He said, yawning at the speaker. I laughed. "You have plans?" He asked. "There's a charity dinner, tonight. At the Wreck and I think I'm going." I said since he really wanted me to go out. "That's great baby. Have fun alright?" He said. "Yeah alright. I'm at Heyward's, talk to you later." "Yeah alright." We both said before I ended the call.

I saw Heyward and Pope was lifting some boxes as I get out of the car. "Hello, gentlemen." I greeted them. "My favourite girl." Pope smiled as he lift another box. "Hey y/n. I am sorry we can't deliver the groceries today. The Wreck needs so many things for tonight's dinner." Heyward apologised. "Its okay, Heyward. I needed to go out anyways." I shrugged. I get into the shop to get all the stuff.

"You coming tonight?" Pope asked as I hand him the money. "I guess so?" I raised a brow. "Great see you there." He gave me a smile before he continue to help his dad. I picked up all the stuff and drive back home.

"I'm home!" I exclaimed as I close the door with my leg. "Oh great!" I saw Sarah's figure running towards me. "Before that, let me help you." She said as she take some of the bags off my arms. "Thanks." I let out a breath. "No problem." She said as we walk to the kitchen and put the bags on the counter. "So what's up?" I asked Sarah who is getting impatient. "Have you chosen what to wear yet for tonight?" She asked. I shook my head. "Is that important?" I asked back. "Well duh. If you know me well y/n, I dress to impress." She said before she grab my arm and drag me to her room.

"Why don't you just ask Wheezie to help?" I groaned as I flop onto her bed. "First, Wheezie already know what to wear. Second, her taste and my taste and two different shit. And third, I wanna spend time with you. You've been in your room for too long." She shrugged. I can't argue with the last fact so I kept quiet. "Well, what's your choices?" I said and she started to show me some dresses.

A few hours later, we are still deciding Sarah's dress. "Sarah, we've been doing this for hours already." I groaned. "I found the right one!" She exclaimed as she walk out of her bathroom. "Thank god." I muttered underneath my breath. She chose a white off shoulders long dress. "Its your turn." She said, before looking through the dresses in her closet. I decided to let her to choose for me since I was too tired to even care how I will look tonight.

"Bingo!" She exclaimed as she pulled out a long blue satin dress. "This gives me you vibes. Try it on please." She said, giving me the dress. I nodded and change in the bathroom. "I feel naked." I exclaimed for Sarah. "That's good news." She said from the other side.

I walk out of the bathroom, founding Sarah's jaw was on the floor. "You're gonna have flies going into your mouth, Sarah." I laughed. "You will be the centre of the attention tonight." She smiled.

The dinner's chapter is going to be in the next chapter. I am sorry if this chapter sucks. But that's gonna be temporary because next chapters are gonna slap.

Also my friend introduced me to this amazing singer name Clinton Kane. Forever thankful @sidsvfx on Instagram. I love you homegirl. He is so underrated and it physically hurts me. Stream CHICKEN TENDIES, Fix it to Break it and i don't want the world to end with someone else. You'll love it.

-chyn