Chapter 31 - Forgiven

"Am I forgiven?" he muses making you laugh, his heart swelling purely at the sound of it.

"Maybe... depends what happens from here on out," your words, one initially meant more so as a joke, made him think for a moment, hand cupping your cheek  absently while the other held your hand. It was brought to his lips, the tip of your thumb grazing over the edges. "What are you thinking about?"

"Well, like you said... what happens from here on out," wrapping around you, Strange lifts you, advancing towards the  bathroom to sit you on the counter top.

"What are you doing?" With furrowing brows, you watch his hands twist the taps of the bath before he walks back over to push your hair from your face. "It's weird when you're sweet,"

"Why? Because I'm an asshole?"

"Maybe," sliding your palm over his shoulder to the base of his neck, the light marks were starting to appear more prominently. "You're not good with feelings- neither am I, don't get me wrong," the fallen curl from his hair twisted on your finger, "it's just... you're just not the most emotionally available person... I guess,"

"I've never found someone worth being available for... not until now,"

"Not until now, huh?" you could see his smile match yours, though his more bashful.

"Nope," he helps you down and into the tub, slipping behind you. Steam lifted from the surface, warming skin and ridding all the grime off. Your back rested against his chest, hands holding his as they rested securely around you. "I know this is all odd,"

"The romantic bath or the fact we just had angry make up sex?"

"For someone who loves romance you really do ruin the moment," he scolds with a humorous tone.

"It's funny seeing you annoyed,"

"Is it now? Hm? Is it?" Kisses tickled your neck, escape almost impossible.

"S-Stephen, stop!" Your laugh bounces off the walls until mercy was granted. "God, I hate you so much,"

"Of course you do," they lift from your neck to your scar, soft caresses against the protruding skin. Leaning back into him again, you turn to face him, the grey ocean hues that you had once hated dilating softly while your own unknowingly did the same. "As much as you think I don't care about you, I really do,"

"And why is it so hard for you express that?"

"Because I don't want to hurt you like I know I will," cheek against temple, the small swishing of warm water, bubbles hovering along any space possible, it was such a calming moment. "And I did... and-"

"Stop, Stephen," intertwining your fingers with him, you felt the tremble rise back up the tighter he held it. "Stop all this nonsense, pushing people- pushing me away will hurt you more than you think you'd hurt me,"

"I hurt you didn't I? Saying all that stuff,"

"You didn't know... god, you kissing Christine hurt more than what you said," you confess, a small shrug pairing it.

"Christine?"

"Can you blame me? Have you seen the way you talk about her?- hell, the way you look at her?"

"Sweetheart... are you jealous?" He teases making you slap his upper arm. "Come on, admit it,"

"I will leave," you warn back causing a pout on his face. "Oh, as if that will work," tracing along each line along his knuckles, you raised them to your lips, "doesn't matter now... all that matters is what... you want from this,"