Brother's Whore

Inside Layna's Chambers

The night had fallen quicker than expected. The days have started growing shorter. If it's true what they say then it won't be matter of time before winter falls.
My marriage to Jaime was not historic. The events of last night is a blur. We were supposed to be bedded but he did not return to the chambers after. I assumed he spent the night with the Queen, his sister, Cersei. Who did not show up for the wedding.
I was quite relieved to be alone after the dreadful wedding. Three hand maidens dressed me up for it. They bathed me, combed my hair, put on the jewels for me. All I did was play my part of the puppet. I walked the alter with Jory one of my fathers faithful guards who also was being held captive for his talents and faith towards my father.
I don't remember how Jaime looked all I remember is a flash of gold and red armour. Then saying the words for the Gods to hear. I remember praying in the morning so I could see my father once to remind him that he still has me. He is not alone and for some assurance from him that all this would stop soon and we can go home.
At night as I slept on the lannister bed I dreamt of Bran. My youngest brother. He was flying. It was the strangest dream I ever saw and I remember just sleeping through the entire day just hoping I could see them, my brothers even in my dream.

The night was a bit chilly I stood in the balcony looking down the castle with a woolen shawl rapped around me. Looking down I felt the breeze brush my face. It was nothing like the North. It was moist and smelly unlike the fresh mist of the North. I inhaled sharply and suddenly a thought came to my head. About the last day I was with my family. My mother's voice floated into my ear "the capitol it will consume you and spit you out like you were never there. "
My eyes started filling with water as I remembered my mother Catelyn. She was a figure of power and strength and I made a small prayer to the gods to look after her soul.
A loud knock on the door shakes me back to reality.
I rub the tears from my eyes and rush to open the door.
There in her silk robe it was the Queen Mother herself. Cersei .
I felt my throat start to get dry. The look on her face indicated that this was going to be another ugly conversation.

Cersei: "shall I come in love? "

Layna: "of course your grace.. "

I move aside to let her in.

Cersei: "My apologies I couldn't make it to the wedding. So I thought I'd bring you a gift. "

Layna: "that's very kind of you your grace you didn't have to.. "

Cersei: "it is no bother. You're a Lannister now after all.. "

She takes my chin in her hands and pulls my face up to meet her eyes. I feel this tug in my stomach. An uncomfortable feeling crawls over me. She takes out a chain with a golden pendant attatched to it and puts it in my hand.

Cersei: "You're a lady now little dove aren't you? Take a look"

I examine the mark outside the pendant it had a number etched on it. I suddenly realised it was a coin. A currency used for the whorehouse. I know this because I had to hide in the whorehouse that Lord Baelish owns for a while before surrendering to Jeofferys men.
I look up at her.

Cersei: "Appropriate isn't it? For my brothers whore."

I cup the pendant and place it back in her hand.

Layna: "Then you should keep it. I'm his lady ."

She gives me a smug smile.