Post-Blip One

Two months after Endgame/Four months before The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Nicolas tossed and turned in his sleep as he whimpered. His eyes opened as tears began falling down his cheeks.

Bucky went to sit next to him and asked, "What's the matter, buddy?"

"The dusting," Nicolas replied, wiping his eyes. "Mommy was really scared and sad and so was Uncle Steve."

"I bet. But the dusting is over and everyone's back."

"Not Aunt Nat or Uncle Tony."

"Sadly sometimes people don't come back."

"That's what Mommy told me when I asked."

"Your mother is a very wise person."

"Daddy, how'd you meet Mommy?"

Bucky smiled, remembering his and Katherine's first encounter. "Your mom was being attacked by some men who wanted to hurt her and I saved her from them."

"Did you kick them?"

"Pretty close."

"Why were they attacking Mommy?"

"Because sometimes people aren't nice and want to hurt others."

"Like the Raisin Man?"

"The Raisin Man?"

"Yeah. The tall purple man. I don't renember his name."

Bucky chuckled softly. "He definitely wanted to hurt others, but he's gone now and we never have to worry about him again."

A small brunette girl ran into the room and said, "Hi, Nicky. Hi, Daddy."

Bucky turned to his daughter. "Mya, what are you doing up? You're supposed to be in bed."

Katherine appeared and sighed. "Someone refuses to go to sleep. Mya Natasha, let's go to bed."

"I'm not tired!" Mya yelled.

"I'm not playing this game. Bed. Now."

"Can't catch me!" She ran to the other end of the room.

Bucky glanced at Katherine, seeing her frustration, and walked up to Mya. "Sweetheart, it's time for you to go to bed."

Mya's dark eyes met his. "Why? I'm not sleepy."

"Maybe not right now, but I guarantee you'll fall asleep soon."

"Can you sing the go to sleep lullaby?"

"I already sang you the go to sleep lullaby. You need to go to bed, Mya."

"No!"

Bucky pulled her close and set her on his lap, rocking her gently as he hummed Brahms Lullaby. Mya's eyes soon began fluttering as she fell asleep.

Katherine let out a sigh. "Thanks, Buck."

Bucky nodded and smiled. "We're in this together, doll. You did good, raising our kids on your own. I'm proud of you."

"I had help." She glanced at Nicolas who had fallen asleep on top of his sleeping bag. "Looks like they've worn themselves out."

Katherine rested her head on Bucky's shoulder as she asked quietly, "You'll be there if the nightmares come, right?"

Bucky ran a hand slowly down her back. "You know I will, Katie."