24

Bucky and Katherine, after getting Nicolas and Mya, made their way back to Brooklyn, New York and Bucky said, "Katie, wait for me with the kids."

Katherine shook her head, cupped Bucky's face and said, "No. We're doing this together. They'll be fine for a short while. Nicolas, Mya, we'll only be a moment."

Nicolas nodded and held his sister's hand.

Bucky glanced down and nodded. "Thank you."

"I'm here, Buck."

They walked up to Yori's front door and Katherine asked softly, "You ready?"

Bucky shook his head before replying, "No, but Sam was right. This is something I have to do."

He knocked on the door.

Yori opened the door and asked, "Hey, what are you two doing here? It's late, come in before someone call the cops." Bucky and Katherine entered and Yori closed the door behind them. "What are you two doing here? It's not Wednesday."

Bucky replied, "I, uh, I have to tell you something. About your son." He sat, pulled off his glove to reveal his Vibranium hand, and Katherine stood next to him, a hand on his shoulder. Yori sat as well. "He was murdered."

"What?"

"By the Winter Soldier." His voice shook as he whispered, "And that was me."

"Why?"

Bucky inhaled before replying softly, "I didn't have a choice."

He left and Katherine glanced at Yori before saying, "I'm sorry. He really had no choice. Please try to understand that all he wishes to do is redeem himself."

She left the apartment and walked up to Bucky and said quietly, "I'm proud of you."

Bucky met her eyes and his expression turned to one of extreme guilt. He fell into her arms and Katherine held him tightly as she listened to his soft cries while fighting her own. She pulled him closer and ran a hand through his hair.

After a moment, Bucky said, "Thank you, Katie."

Katherine stepped back, holding his hands and smiled at him. "I'm with you til the end of the line, Buck."

Bucky returned her smile and said, "I'm with you from now until the end of time. I love you. So much."

"I love you too."

Mya yawned. "Can we go home now? I'm tired."

Katherine smiled softly. "We can absolutely go home."

The next day, after dropping off a gift bag and card for Dr. Raynor, Bucky, Nicolas, Mya and Katherine, who had an arm linked around Bucky's left arm, walked the streets of Brooklyn.

They passed Izzy's and Bucky and Katherine looked in the window to see Yori sitting at the bar. Katherine caught Leah's eye and smiled briefly.

Katherine glanced at Bucky and asked, "Do you want to go in?"

Bucky stared at Yori and slowly shook his head. He took Katherine's hand, bringing it to his lips for a soft kiss.

"Where are we going?" Nicolas asked.

Bucky and Katherine exchanged a look and nodded.

Mya frowned. "Where Mommy, Daddy?"

"You'll see," Katherine replied.

---

Sam made his way to Baltimore to make a visit.

He walked down a familiar street in Baltimore and up to a front door. He knocked on the metal screen door of Isaiah's home.