4. Meet

"Hey honey can you come down here please. We are going to go meet the folks that work here." My dad yelled up the stairs to my room.

"Um yeah sure lemme get dressed."

I put on some random dirty ripped jeans and a Columbia brand sweatshirt. I put some long socks and gum shoes on and started down the stairs.

"Morning" I say to my mom and dad

"Morning sweetheart" my mom greeted. "How did you sleep?"

"Eh. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible. It was weird sleeping in a new place." I responded.

"That makes sense." My dad said. "Same here" he said and gestured to himself. "Well we really should go meet them. Let's go guys." He stated and walked out the door my mom behind him, then Rosie, then Dylan, then me.

We all walked out to the yard and stood in a line. A group of other people walked up to us and stood there. I had my head down due to nerves. I didn't know what to expect. Suddenly a soft but raspy voice spoke up and broke the silence.

"Hi. Kelly foster, head zoo keeper." She then went on to introduce the rest of the crew and explain their jobs. When she got to what I learned to be her cousin lily I remembered seeing her when we first arrived putting up a sign in the Jaguar caffe that said "Welcome Brave New Owners."

"It's just us Mr Mee" she ended

"Well it's great to meet all of you. Uh I'm Benjamin" silence. "Uh this is Rosie my daughter" Rosie waved. "And my middle Dylan" he patted him on the shoulder. "And my oldest Valarie" he said and pointers to me.

"God dad for the millionth time I hate that name. I go by Val." I said angrily. I had told him so many times that the name valarie was too girly for my liking and I wanted to go by Val but nobody ever remembered.

"Uh anyway. This is our dog Leon." He pointed to Leon. "And my wife Hedi"

My mom waved and smiled to the workers.

"And uh this is our zoo now I guess. And uh love the house, smells and all. Right... so I would like to declare us all modern day adventures... and sponsors of animal greatness... okay terrific let's go." He said and turned to walk away.

"Great speech dad" I said sarcastically and followed him as we all followed Kelly who gave us a tour of the zoo.

I barely looked at the workers. I was to nervous. We got a tour of the zoo and dispersed.

I decided I wanted to go back to the tiger that Kelly had showed us earlier. I think his name was bar or tar or something. I saw a spark in his eye that intrigued me. I wanted to go back. So I did.
So that sucked. Sorry. I'll do better next time. Lmao.