Chapter 7: The Last Battle of Philopos Civil War

*Yes, new chapter! Changing my writing style for dialogues and have added some names*

Lining up all the troops on one end of the narrow mountain pass, 7,000 of this men are willing to sacrifice themselves for the future of their country from their enemies, the Centaults. The Polemarchos is hoping that his plan to bottleneck enemy troops will be enough to repel. They could be flanked from unknown routes due to Centaults knowing hidden routes in the mountains.  Still, the Centaults may not be able to pour in from the sides nor behind because the hidden routes aren't wide and maybe could only allow one or two people to pass, it would be another bottleneck. 

Polemarchos: Here we gather today to stop an enemy outnumbering our own, but they have things they lack that we have. We have been trained since birth, they just loiter around, we are civilized men, they are not, we are better equipped, they only have sticks and stones. Our qualities are far better than their quantities!

The troops let everyone hear their war cry and their banners fly in the wind. Their coat of arms saying "Freedom or Death".

South of the Mountain Pass

Unorganized troops loudly talked about what things they should do when they arrive, they are determined to take over Kallipos, then the entirety of Philopos. 

The Warrior Chief, Madadh Macdougalls the Wolf now standing on a rock, shouted to give attention to him.

Macdougalls: YOU ARE HERE TO AVENGE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I AM HERE TO AVENGE YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, WE ARE HERE TO AVENGE THEM, AND WE HAVE THE STRENGTH TO DO SO! WE ARE PEOPLE OF THE WILD AND OUR ENEMIES ARE WEAKLY PEOPLE WHO DOESN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT ANY BATTLE. WE SHALL WIN THIS EASILY!

Macdougalls and his 150, 000 men shouted their war cries.

Both of the armies were being watched by drones of the SolR Rapid Reaction Force.

Gramas, SolR RRF temporary base, Headquarters

Commander: Where did they get that humungous army? Did they just appear out of nowhere? I thought they were just tribesmen?

Analyst: It seems they just appeared out of nowhere.

Commander: Maybe they are from their backers?

Analyst: No sir, they literally just popped out of nowhere.

Commander: How?

Analyst: We have footage that just showed that they just appeared exiting the tents, like clown cars.

Commander: We found another anomaly here, send the footage to higher ups and maybe they will let scientists investigate this weird phenomena.

Analyst: Sir, I just noticed that this is like the Battle of Thermopylae, just with different location but same circumstances.

Commander: So the Kalliposans will lose like the Battle of Thermopylae? Let us try to intervene before it starts.

Analyst: Roger sir.

Analyst: It seems that we are cut off from giving orders, nothing is working, but we can still see the battle.

Commander: What? Another anomaly? What stuff is still working?

Analyst: It seems the footage of both armies and other stuff that isn't connected to military related. 

Commander: Seems like I should do it old fashioned way.

The commander steps outside to be greeted by nothingness.

Commander: What the hell?

Analyst: what seems to be the problem sir?

Commander: Try to take pictures and videos of this, maybe after the battle, we will go back, I hope.

Outside of the SolR temporary base

The people of Gramas was surprised by what is happening at the base, the entire base suddenly stopped, the people in it were frozen and they is stopped by their instincts that is keeping them from entering the base. The drones were also frozen in the air, not making any sounds or movement. Soldiers outside the base were also frozen, when citizens tried to touch them they were stopped by their instincts, no matter how hard they tried to touch the soldiers.

Sper I moonbase

The base wasn't frozen but the scientists looked like they were frozen, they were baffled about the disappearance of the temporary base from their database, they can't detect the base but they could still see it, they see the base frozen and not sending them any updates. another anomaly is discovered. Something more powerful than them is discovered. They will now recreated the classification on continents, this continent is more powerful than the Hal continent. They may be powerful but they are still primitive, this may be yet another evidence to magic. They may stop sending in soldiers as it may lead to casualties on their side. It may not be magic, it may be a not discovered yet science just like their sudden appearance to this world. 

North of Thermos mountain pass

The exit is blockaded by men clad in iron and wood holding weapons designated for war. 

The sun stared down upon them, their armor glowed gold and spears glowed the suns light. The men are neatly positioned to stop any invaders. Their army was shown ready to fight to the death, with shield sometimes rising up along with their voices showing they will not back down. The enemy army flooded the mountain pass not seeing any land, only showing their vast army. 

The army of Kallipos aren't demoralized by this, some even shouting that him alone could take on the entire army.

The Centault army sent one messenger to shout, "Lay down your weapons and you shall live,"

The messenger was killed shortly after being pierced by a huge wooden arrow. The kalliposan army then readied their shields and shouted, "Go back now and you shall live!"

The Centault army then charged with every single one, trying to push their enemy but to no avail. Each push by the great warriors of Kallipos, a single line from the Centaults fall down and then be killed by their spears. They were pushing an army that outnumbered theirs, the men believed every single one of them had the strength of 100 men and morale was boosted. The Centault army always moved back but the Kallipos didn't. This went on for seven days.

Unbelievably, the Kalliposans never fatigued while the Centaults were now dropping down. For seven days, the Centaults lost around 30,000 while the Kalliposans lost none. That is until the Centaults decided to use the narrower ways and flanked. The Kalliposans' numbers were now decreasing and was now being pushed back. The polemarchos underestimated the amount of soldiers that could go by narrower ways. The Kalliposans retreated to the city of Kallipos. The Centault army took camp at the exit of the mountain pass and decided not to tail and will only do so after burying their comrades. They valued the dead. The Cenatults now only counted 110,000 while the Kalliposans now only counted 2,000.

After the battle the SolR temporary base now went back to life. 

Commander: That was way different than what history turned out.